cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samradford
Scholar

Re: Now Tv Fail

@Anonymous User Could you speak to  said powers that be and tell them to pull their finger out?! Seriously, Apple TV 4th generation was a complete shift in direction for what Apple is doing with Apple TV. And 18 months after it launched, Now TV is still in the dark ages. Frankly, I don't buy the answer you're giving about it being in Apple's court. Why are Now TV the only app having to rely on Apple for updates? Netflix, iPlayer, et al all control things themselves. If you're blaming Apple because of some deal, then it's time to scrap that deal and get into an approach that everyone else is doing. Like I say though, I genuinely feel, after months and months of complaining (and getting different answers from different people at different times) that it's all just excuses. I'd far rather the truth: tell us you're abandoning the app, that there won't be any further updates. But to spend 18 months telling (lying?) about forcoming updates that never come, it's awful customer service. If you're going to update the app, make it happen. If you're not, tell us you're abandoning it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I appreciate that is what you are being told - however this conflicts with the experience of your competitors such as Netflix, YouTube and Vevo who have Apple developed apps for the 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs but have succesfully released their own apps for the 4th gen AppleTV. I would suspect that it would require NowTV to build a new app from scratch rather than update the one Apple has built, however given that you have released good apps for so many other platforms, I'm pretty sure your dev team is up to the task.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

0 Thanks