As many (including me) have posted on here, there are a large number of problems with the AppleTV app. Some reported these issues over a year ago. One of the support team here suggested Live Chat and I was wondering if my experience was fairly typical.
1st Live Chat:
- Run through a list of 'solutions' for if third party items could be causing the problems' (They weren't).
- Speak with a manager who makes same suggestions.
- Try to insist Apple might be to blame and I should call Apple.
- Finally point out the obvious from evidence that it is the NowTV app
- Advises raised with higher team who will email in 24-48 hours but he couldn't possibly give me their email address or phone number.
No follow up
2nd Live Chat:
- Endless apologies for no response.
- Raises priority.
- Assures me that someone will be in touch but not sure when
- Cuts me off.
2nd Live Chat 2:
- More apologies.
- Assures me again that someone will be in touch
- Cuts me off
2nd Live Chat 3:
- Different person on third attempt that day after twice cut off.
- More apologies.
- Says someone will be in touch.
- Ask to speak with manager.
- Manager will email me in 24 hours.
No follow up
3rd Live Chat:
- Technical team will email me when they are ready and have fixed the problems (that have been documented by others on here over a year ago).
- Ask to speak with manager.
- Manager unavailable but we promise will email within 24 hours.
In short - Trying to pass the blame to third parties, promising responses in 48 hours that don't happen, promise manager's will email in 24 hours which doesn't happen and then expects me to believe yet another promise that I will be emailed in 24 hours. Is this typical or am I just having bad luck?
Also, because looking at other posts you always suggest uninstalling and re-installing the app, and also to check if the apple tv is up to date - done and done. It's a bad app and re-installing a bad app won't fix the problem.
Welcome to the forum.
NOW TV are aware of that issue, but I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team who can make sure the content team are aware it's still an issue (affects most of the episodes in that season it seems).
In the meantime if you have any other devices you use to watch NOW TV on, Season 7 does seem to be working fine on them.
Thanks. Frustrating when you're into a series to be suddenly interupted, but will wait for it to be fixed. But in the meantime I'm having a few other issues with the app and hoping you can help me fix:
- App often crashes resulting in the Apple TV rebooting. Doesn't happen with other apps such as Netflix, so its a NowTV problem rather than an Apple TV problem.
- At the end of episodes for some shows the screen goes black instead of returning to the episode list. I have to go back to the selection of programmes and go back into the series again. Not been subscribed for long, but happens for West Wing and Modern Family so far.
- Is the app supposed to always go back to the season 1 episode list every time I go back into a show? Seems odd for it not to be able to keep track of where I have got to in a show, and takes time trying to find the right episode description, particularly for some shows where the descriptions are vague. If this is what its meant to do, please change this in the next update as its pretty basic functionality that all the other apps manage to do.
- When using the search function, if I enter my search using the dictation, when I try to scroll through the results it won't highlight and allow me to access the content. The results appear, but I can't use them, but if I type in the search manually it always works fine.
There are lots of areas the app could be improved, but at the moment it would be great if you can help me sort out the problems listed above, because thats the current app not working properly rather than new features.
@Anonymous User wrote:
Any update? You suggested you'd be checking on things over the weekend but I see its still not working.
We've had no update on this yet although it has been raised to our team who are looking into it
I'm curious as to when this issue was first raised. It doesn't sound like a complicated problem and it baffles me that it is taking so long to fix.
The conclusion I am coming to is that NowTV has no intention of continuing to support customers who use the Apple TV app. The poor quality app riddled with bugs that hasn't been updated in years is a strong indication of this, but when we are unable to access the full range of content we are paying for; this indicates you have given up on even a basic level of support.
If I am wrong, if you intend to support your AppleTV customers, please demonstrate this with by fixing the bugs that present us from viewing the full range of content. If I am correct, if you have given up on the AppleTV and its customers, please acknowledge this so that we can either cancel our subscriptions or find an alternate product that is supported by NowTV. If you publicly acknowledge that you have withdrawn support you are more likely to have long term customers who will be impressed with the service on other devices. If you refuse to acknowledge discontinued support for the AppleTV you are creating a bad relationship with your customers who will not trust you enough to continue subscribing to NowTV on any device.
Apparently we need to start a new thread if we want to get any further information.... Modern Family, Season 7 on AppleTV is not working. App reinstalled, apple tv up to date, restarted etc... Don't just tell me you'll let the technical side know because you've already said that. I don't want a scripted response, I want action and I want access to the content I am paying for. I know you've given up on updating or fixing the AppleTV app generally, but would you at least make sure I'm able to watch the TV shows I'm paying to watch.