Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-T
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Hi @ReggieBoy1967

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing low quality; especially of the 80's video game variety!

A good place to start is our buffering/low quality guide. Can you have a look over this and see if it helps at all?

I appreciate that this may not be related to your Internet speeds but could you try a quick speed test for us and let us know the results?

It's always good to rule this out!

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team 🙂

0 Thanks
telmac
First Poster

I'm having exactly same problem with roku 2 box connected to my tv, got infinity 2 from BT usual speeds around 55 so no problems with any other broadcasts   . trying to watch Ryder cup golf and very blurred picture quality. any ideas?

0 Thanks
Rob-T
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @telmac

Thanks for getting in touch!

Your speeds sound more than enough, are you able to try a wired connection via an ethernet cable between the box and the router?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
ReggieBoy1967
Contributor 1

Hi Rob,

i have tried the settings you suggest, as have many people on here by the looks of it, and nothing improves the picture.

My broadband (Sky) is around 20mbps, so no problem there. As mentioned before other on demand services picture quality is very good...so the problem lies with Now tv, not my broadband,

May I suggest Sky - owners of Now TV - open their very fat cheque book and invest in some decent technology to improve the streaming service - or is this a ploy to get everone so frustrated with Now TV they sign up to Sky TV????

I was looking forward to the new series of Westworld, but gave up after less than 5 mins, as it is unwatchable.

I really fail to see the point of paying for a service I cannot use, so looks like cancelation is the only option. Maybe other subscribers should do this too, if we all start to cancel Sky may take action.

Oh and please stop telling us to switch it off and on again - it doesn't do anything!!!

The annoying thing is when I first had Now Tv the picture was great - maybe you are victims of your own sucess and you have too many subscribers oveloading your servers - well they won't be subcribers for long if the quality does not improve soon.

Regards

fed up reggieboy

ReggieBoy1967
Contributor 1

Hi All,

i have solved my problem without help from Now or Sky...

If you are using one of the old White Roku boxes - ditch it.

I have connected one of the later black boxes and set the picture to HD and it is great - problem soved...

Now TV people - perhaps you should be asking users with poor picture quality if the have the old white box, and if so to replace it??? (you can have this solution for free - with my compliments)

I hope this may help some users out there with unwatchable Now TV programs...

reggie

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @ReggieBoy1967

0 Thanks
rach250190
First Poster

HI,

I am new to this help forum and too be honest find it so confusing! My now TV has been working perfectly well and as of two days ago the picture quality is horrendously pixelated and terrible quality. I have re booted my internet loads and turned it off and on again. My TV service thing says it is good signal ! I dont know what to do 😞

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @rach250190

Welcome to the Help Forum.

Sorry to hear that your experiencing a poor picture quality.

The most likely cause of poor quality would be linked to the speeds of your Internet service that your playout device is receiving.

What playout device are you using ? Who is your Internet provider ? What speed do you get when you run a speedtest via www.speedtest.net 

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Popeye13
Contributor 2

@Andy-S wrote:

Hi @rach250190

Welcome to the Help Forum.

Sorry to hear that your experiencing a poor picture quality.

The most likely cause of poor quality would be linked to the speeds of your Internet service that your playout device is receiving.

What playout device are you using ? Who is your Internet provider ? What speed do you get when you run a speedtest via www.speedtest.net 

Thanks

Andy

It is nothing but a Sky issue!

Why is that so hard for NowTV/Sky to accept here?

People have no problems using other streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, the BT Sport app or netflix, all services that offer HD streaming that demand a good constant speed!

NowTV offers SD quality live streams (apart from sports which as 720p HD) and yet still goes all over the place in terms of quality!

I recently got a Netflix sub, watching 1080p content and guess what - Not a single moment of buffering, pixelation, poor quality or anything else to drop the quality of my enjoyment of what i was watching! yet, NowTV can't seem to deliver a simple basic stream without issues and you immediately question the users BB providers' speed instead of yourselves despite the constant complaints on this thread alone!

It is Sky, not the BB!!!

Tia2
First Poster

This seems to be a common problem with no common solutions. I don't have the facility to connect via a cable so Wifi is my only choice. The frequency of poor quality picture is making us re think having a Now TV account and currently looking at other service providers. So frustrated with the service.

0 Thanks