cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamindy
Contributor 1

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Well if you buy a new Roku box, NOW TV / Sky won't make anything from it.

@MajorCrockswrote:

@TVprobs1wrote:
Seems it's the roku box so what's the fix as they can't exspect the majourity of users to buy a new device.

Must be an update to address this?

I'm more interested in what caused it, as personally everything worked fine until a week ago, and no new update released in last few weeks. Possibly the release of the new (stick) device required a change on nowtv inferstructre or something?

It actually wouldn't suprise me if this was NowTV's way of getting people to by a new box...

0 Thanks
Zippy100
First Poster

Now tv is just rubbish , no launch platforms to speak of , I can’t even watch movies anymore quality is so bad . I have cancelled my subs .
0 Thanks
Wimo
First Poster

Simon,

I have the same issue on LG TV connected via Wireless. Would you mind sending me the same trouble shooting steps?

Thanks in advance,
Wimo

0 Thanks
Sallyann29
First Poster

Hi

I've been watching Now TV via Roku absolutely fine for the last couple of years and now suddenly I'm experiencing this 'poor picture quality' that seems to drop off when it feels like it. I don't have a wired 'option' but am on super fast fibre - all others channels are 100% fine except Now TV...please advise or send me the troubleshooting options.

Many thanks 

NPOWELL
Occasional Poster

I'm going to add myself to the growing number of users experiencing this problem. Within the past month or so the NOW TV app on my Roku has become 'buffering and drop out' central, yet all other streaming services on the same device (Netflix, iPlayer, UKTV Play etc) all work perfectly and my broadband service is excellent. Would any at Now TV care to explain what is going on as the problem is clearly not this end.

BobClose
Occasional Poster

Currently using Now TV app that came pre-installed on brand new 4K Samsung smart TV. Previous to that we used the black roku box for a year or so.

Running fibre broadband with good speed (never dropped below 20mb).

Other apps installed include Amazon, iplayer, itv hub etc etc and we have never had any issues with viewing anything on these apps. 

Trying to watch a film right now and we are about 40 min in after watching it for over an hour, due to the picture quality dropping out and the film stopping to buffer all the time. 

Have run numerous speed tests during the film to check and it remains over 20mb. 

This has been happening for about a year now  and we also have the rocku hubs in other rooms in the house and it is just as bad on those. We have started watching films or programs on several occasions and had to stop because they are unwatchable.

This is terrible service and I will be looking to claim back some of the payments I have made. Please stop telling people that it’s down to their internet speed when it’s clearly a case of poor service from a product that is not fit for purpose!

0 Thanks
Hansii
Contributor 1

It's also funny that "my connection" always starts failing whenever there's smoething with a higher viewer rate on. For instance, right now. Had relatively rare quality issues until the qualifying on the French Grand Prix started, then it just starts dropping connections and is almost constantly reduced to a lower bit rate. This on two different connections!

Please, Sky. This lousy Now TV player was legacy when you started using it years ago. You charge us up to €50 per month to watch a little sport and then you just ignore all complaints when people wants something for that money.

I can't wait for the current Sky exlusive on F1 ends and we can use other services. The same goes for teh premier league.

Hansii
Contributor 1

Is this worth paying €50 for?

20180623_152045.jpg

0 Thanks
gazm
Occasional Poster

exactly the same for me. all good for years then it becomes very slow to open app and picture quality drops in and out. i just spent half hour online help with now tv chat and they say my internet is 3mbps. i was testing at same time and had 45mbps. all other apps no problems. 

losing patience quickly after singing its praises for years

0 Thanks
BobClose
Occasional Poster

I’m going to call them this week and wait until they tell me it’s my poor internet speed that’s the problem before I tell them that my ‘high speed’ fibre broadband is actually supplied by none other than... NOW TV, who promised us download speeds in excess of 20 mb!

So if they tell me my internet speed is too slow they will have to either admit that I’m paying for fibre speeds that I’m not getting and they will have to compensate me, or they will have to admit that I’m paying for a streaming service that’s not fit for purpose, so will have to compensate me.

I’ll let you know what sorry excuse they come up with 😂
0 Thanks