cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constantly dropping picture quality

Hi everyone,

My problem is the picture quality keeps dropping to insanely pixelated then goes back up to HD for a bit and drops again, making the watching of anything absolutely unenjoybable. I have a 1080p HD TV and decent wifi connection. Any ideas if there is a setting similar to YouTube where the picture quality changes when the Internet slows down and whether it can be turned off?

Thanks in advance for any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Like most providers, NOW TV uses adaptive bitrates, this can't be overidden and aims to give you the best quality picture your connection can support.  If you're experiencing fluctuations in quality, a wired connection to your box is always preferable to wireless. 

View solution in original post

157 REPLIES 157
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Like most providers, NOW TV uses adaptive bitrates, this can't be overidden and aims to give you the best quality picture your connection can support.  If you're experiencing fluctuations in quality, a wired connection to your box is always preferable to wireless. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have watched NowTV online for two weekends in a row.  The first weekend was fine and the quality of the picture was quite good, with only a few freezes and picture quality issues, however this morning was shocking. I counted on average the screen froze every 10 seconds and around 90% of the game the picture quality was so bad that I could not see the players.  I just wasted my money on this very poor service.  Never again.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sky sport channels (all) and entertainment channels are very poor pixilated qualitly. one minute it's fine the next its unwatchable. it doesn't matter wheather it'a a wired or wireless connection. Now Tv have some serious picture quality problems at present and need to sort it out their end. my entertainment pass has just run out. I will not be renewing until this problem has been sorted out as it's a waste of a pass at present. my sports pass runs out on 2nd september. I will not be renewing this one either if the picture quality does not improve. it's been going on for a few days now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Utter drivel, Netflix works fine so stop blaming customers systems and fix the Now TV problem!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

im having this issue.. only with my now tv box in the living room where my router is.. no issues with now tv stick in upstairs tv which is considerably farther from the router.. only happens on now tv app not on any other app included on the now tv box ie, bbc, itv nor 4 (only others I use)

Have tested my connection speeds when this occurs to see if my connection has dropped but speeds are as expected. 

Can you advise on this as I don’t seem to be getting a good enough reason/ solution from the couple of pages through I have read..

many thanks

😇

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem . After 10 15 mins the picture is blurred. If I unplug and restart the now box picture is fine but then gets worse again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, exactly that! It’s driving me insane. I subscribe to all three
packages simply because I seemed easier than a contract and I’m just
wasting my money..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue watching sky sports (currently the Ryder cup!). It works fine for 20 minutes or so, it then gets blurry. I turn the now tv box off and on again and can watch for another 20 minutes. It used to work fine, this problem seems to have begun fairly recently, last few weeks.

I‘m using a wired connection over a plug in device. It doesn’t affect iPlayer viewed through nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. I can watch NOW TV movies and entertainment no problem, but when I watch the sports channel, it's fine for about 10-15 mins and then it goes blurry. It's annoyingly doing it right now as I try to watch the Ryder cup. My internet speed as measured a few mins ago is 38.4 mbs and it's a wired internet connection.

I've tried resetting, changing bitrates etc - the only thing which temporarily works is to unplug the box and repower up, but again I only get another 10-15 mins before having to go through the process again.

This needs to be sorted. My Sports subscription is currently due to renew on 6th Oct, but it will not be renewed if this problem persists. New box perhaps?