cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

at the end of the day you hard wire wifi unstable i have 100mb internet and wifi is rubbish i get the on topic prob if only useing wifi.   i have a black box / samsung tv / lgtv / xbox all hardwired and never have any probs great pic all the time.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Have just been watching Dexter quite happily and suddenly the picture quality is awful! Please can you help? 

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

My box started doing this a week ago, the issue is not caused by your wifi, it is caused by an issue with the box, I suspect a fault with the wifi chip. I know this as I have 3 now tv boxes (the newest ones you can pause and rewind) they all use the same network and 2 of the boxes work fine. I swapped the problem box for one of the others and the picture is perfect again.

Interestingly the problem box shows far more glitches in the hidden wifi menu than the other 2 that work fine.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi,

im having this issue.. only with my now tv box in the living room where my router is.. no issues with now tv stick in upstairs tv which is considerably farther from the router.. only happens on now tv app not on any other app included on the now tv box ie, bbc, itv nor 4 (only others I use)

Have tested my connection speeds when this occurs to see if my connection has dropped but speeds are as expected. 

Can you advise on this as I don’t seem to be getting a good enough reason/ solution from the couple of pages through I have read..

many thanks

😇

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am having exactly the same problem . After 10 15 mins the picture is blurred. If I unplug and restart the now box picture is fine but then gets worse again.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Yes, exactly that! It’s driving me insane. I subscribe to all three
packages simply because I seemed easier than a contract and I’m just
wasting my money..
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

I too am suffering with poor/unwatchable picture quality during the Ryder cup.  Picture was great tostart then 10 mins after the start on Thursday it deteriorated.  It's now a lottery as to whether it's watchable or not.  Everything else through the OW box is crystal clear so no wi-fi/Tv issues.  Complete waste of money!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have exactly the same issue watching sky sports (currently the Ryder cup!). It works fine for 20 minutes or so, it then gets blurry. I turn the now tv box off and on again and can watch for another 20 minutes. It used to work fine, this problem seems to have begun fairly recently, last few weeks.

I‘m using a wired connection over a plug in device. It doesn’t affect iPlayer viewed through nowtv.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Same problem here. I can watch NOW TV movies and entertainment no problem, but when I watch the sports channel, it's fine for about 10-15 mins and then it goes blurry. It's annoyingly doing it right now as I try to watch the Ryder cup. My internet speed as measured a few mins ago is 38.4 mbs and it's a wired internet connection.

I've tried resetting, changing bitrates etc - the only thing which temporarily works is to unplug the box and repower up, but again I only get another 10-15 mins before having to go through the process again.

This needs to be sorted. My Sports subscription is currently due to renew on 6th Oct, but it will not be renewed if this problem persists. New box perhaps?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Trying to watch F1 on a day pass and it is terrible. Using the new stick i have just been sent. No problem with sky store and worked ok with the old white box.  80 mbit bb. Will be asking for a voucher refund

0 Thanks