cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyisaHatter
Mentor

Can't Sign-in to Now on My TV

I have just joined Now using my laptop. I have just tried to sign-in t my account through my TV (a three years old Bush flat screen)  After getting to the Now homepage and clicking the 'log-in' icon the screen goes completely black and nothing whatsoever happens.

It concerns me that I might be condemned to watching the sports action I've just signed-up for on a 13" laptop screen and not the luxurious 54" HD television I have!

Can anyone shed any light or offer any advice as to how to get round this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@AndyisaHatter 

If your TV won’t support the Now app, a £25 Roku Express plugged into one of its HDMI ports will let you enjoy all that 54” goodness,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyisaHatter 

What is the model of the Bush TV ?

Does it run Android or Google TV or something else with the inbuilt native NOW App or are you trying to access the NOW website with an internet browser on your TV which won't work? 

I can see you have also added a Youview tab, do you also have a Youview box connected to your TV ?

AndyisaHatter
Mentor

Hi Schnapps,

Sorry, I used the 'YouView' tab as there was nothing else that I could use to post my comment.

Thanks for your response 😁 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyisaHatter 

I know Argos sell Bush TV's and checking the Argos website, the current crop of Bush Smart TV's seems to be running a Linux based OS, which NOW doesn't currently support.

I could only see one Bush Android / Google Smart TV and that is a clearance model on sale while stocks last.

RoyB
Legend

@AndyisaHatter 

If your TV won’t support the Now app, a £25 Roku Express plugged into one of its HDMI ports will let you enjoy all that 54” goodness,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
AndyisaHatter
Mentor

Hi Roy,

Thank you very much. I had a suspicion that this was going to cost me more money... Never does anything go smoothly and easily.

Bless you!

AndyisaHatter
Mentor

I am delighted to say that I am now able to watch Now in all of its glorious 54" brilliance thanks to the  advice - and subsequent purchase - of the Roku streaming device (which I bought brand new for less than £25)

Thank you one and all. Although I don't class myself as a technophobe I don't get on with new tech very well (hence I do not have - and refuse to have - a smartphone!) so any help rendered is very honestly and sincerely appreciated. Thank you again.