cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Richierich1967
Advocate

Re: Auth Error on Apple TV

Same here. Long term member. Don’t even want to watch GOT ( prefer to do a few in a row). Trying to watch Billions. They should team up with our government who are making a similar FCUK up of Brexit. 

VJA
Mentor

I couldn’t agree more with the other users. The technology behind NowTV is just third class. Only its non-existent customer support beats it. I tried using the chat service and it says I am no.29 in the queue and then abruptly ends my chat session. 

Rickyracoon
Scholar

So  should I assume it’s still not working on Apple TV. I relented and tuned in to watch an app that actually works. Echo commments about the outsourced third class app we ha e to deal with. 

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like the ATV Authentication Error is fixed 😀

Where my ATV 3 NowTV App is playing fine now error free 👍

VJA
Mentor

Mine too. Just took two hours of agony. Will be rating NowTV poorly anyway. And once GOT is done, I am out! 

RStokes

Any tips on how to fix this?

VJA
Mentor

Keep trying. Sorry that’s all I can offer. Tells you how useless Now TV is....

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

We had an issue on Apple TV last night, this was resolved but we do apologise for this interrupting your viewing. 

We do have the episode available on catch up. Each individual episodes available by 3.20am after it has aired live at 2am each week. 

Thanks

Karl

0 Thanks
VJA
Mentor

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the response. Can you say what the issue was and how was it fixed? And to what extent are you sure that it wouldn’t repeat on Monday next week when loads of people tune in again to watch the second episode? 

Thanks

Vijay

cluey35
Mentor

What good is that if, by the time my wife and I are ready to watch GoT (dinner sorted, kids in bed etc) that a million or two people (expected viewers I might add) all log on at the same time, resulting in Apple TV users not able to do anything. So we can't watch it on our main TV and have to watch it on a laptop?

Coming 2 days after I get a letter saying prices had gone up more than 20% it stings a little to know that you simply haven't planned for the expected surge in demand of the service with the final season of GoT. Doesn't take a genius to work out that from around 8:30-9pm on Monday night there will be a spike in use.

Judging by previous entries on this forum, this problem has been ongoing for at least 2 years, and you haven't sorted it. You must know the cause by now, so do you know? If you do know, why hasn't it been fixed?

Will we get the problem next Monday or do we have to figure out some other way of watching GoT on our main TV that doesn't involve NowTV and/or Sky?