cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlexHedley
Scholar

AppleTV 4 tvOS12

With the new tvOS12 coming out and available for beta testing has this been done on your app?

As this crashes and won’t load any time I try.

Please see previous posts with no answer about an update to the app that is much needed.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Apple-TV/Apple-TV-4th-Gen-Feedback/td-p/415926

22-01-2017 10:16

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Apple-TV/Apple-TV-4th-Gen-Feedback/td-p/362779

08-04-2016 07:24

Labels (1)
38 Replies
AlexHedley
Scholar

Re: AppleTV 4 tvOS12

Any news @Tony-D @Nadine-K ?

0 Thanks
AlexHedley
Scholar

Can you help @Toby-S?

0 Thanks
Brandscill
Scholar 2

Concerning that we move ever closer to tvOS 12 coming out and yet Now TV remain silent. There are many users of this app, you can't just let it die. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

hanks for getting in touch, i’m pleased to hear you’re enjoying NOW TV and really appreciate your feedback in relation to the NOW TV App on Apple TV devices.

I have shared this directly with our technical team working on the development of our App on this device.  

You will be pleased to hear they’re currently busy upgrading our App for Apple TV including your 4th generation model. NOW TV aims for it to be ready in the coming months, and will have it live as soon as we can, I 'm afriad we can't give an exact date at this moment in time.

Many thanks again for your feedback,  we love hearing ways in which we can improve the NOW TV experience for our customers.

Thanks,

Karl

stoli412
Scholar

Wow, I'm pinching myself. Have NowTV just publicly acknowledged that a new NowTV app is coming for the Apple TV?! If this is true, I may consider subscribing again. Thanks @Karl-F!

AlexHedley
Scholar

Hi @Karl-F,

Thanks for the reply,

Will it be ready before tvOS12 is released as it currently doesn’t work so really needs to be, and could be tested on the beta to help iron out any issues on a brand new app,

Could you please add me to the TestFlight build which I’ll be more than happy to provide feedback on,

Thanks

Alex

Boycey
Mentor

Glad to hear the app will be updated. Will it work with the Apple TV app for up next & universal search?

0 Thanks
stereohaven
Scholar

@Karl-F wrote:

...You will be pleased to hear they’re currently busy upgrading our App for Apple TV including your 4th generation model. NOW TV aims for it to be ready in the coming months, and will have it live as soon as we can, I 'm afriad we can't give an exact date at this moment in time...

Really pleased to hear this news. I find the picture quality via the Apple TV the pick of the bunch having used the LG TV app, Smart Stick and Roku box version.

As others have said, the app is beyond poor in it's current state and borderline offensive when you compare it to the iOS version! Smiley LOL

Integration with the TV app/Siri would be an excellent bonus as well.

I don't run the beta tvOS but have a 4K and a 4th generation version running 11.4.1 and will happily contribute to testing if needed. 

dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Likewise, will be happy to test this for NOW TV if/when there is a trial @Karl-F