cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV

I am suddenly unable to watch anything on my Apple TV where I have to enter a passcode. I just get the loading screen. Where the code isn’t required e.g. sports and previews, it works fine (unless I’ve tried movies or entertainment first). I’ve tried all the usual things ie reinstalling the app, updating system software but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an Apple TV, but what you are describing is not an QR scan code by any chance ?

I know on the Amazon Fire TV Sticks for example if you download the NOW App a QR scan code will appear when you open the App (i have also seen NOW screen saver adverts in the past before).

If this is the case then on my Fire Stick i keep pressing the enter button on the remote until the main NOW home screen appears, then navigate down the bottom of the screen until on the bottom grid row and highlight and enter the My Account tile box to add my NOW account login credentials.

With the screen saver adverts i think from memory i kept pressing the right direction key on the remote to the end advert where there was about three in total to get pass before they cleared.

If you are seeing something totally different and i have misunderstood what you are seeing, then hopefully an ATV owner on the forum will come to your aid.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Do you mean a PIN e.g. Sky Cinema and when you enter it it behaves as you describe? If all else fails try the latest version of turn it off and turn it back on again i.e. remove the NOW app and reinstall it. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

You might be on the right track.

@Anonymous User are you being asked for a 4 digit parental pin when watching on Demand content ?

This forum member for some reason was getting it on when attempting to watch NOW on Demand and not the live TV stuff on certain Cinema & Entertainment channels.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Unable-to-turn-off-the-parental-PIN/m-p/572635 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you both for your replies. I’ve switched the pin off but am still unable to watch anything except the sports channels. I’ll message support for help.