cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonT
Mentor

Apple TV 4K - Unable to sign you in, please try again later

So for the past few weeks, I have been unable to sign in on my Apple TV. It is listed as a compatible device. what-set-top-boxes-streaming-devices-can-i-use-to-watch, I've just raised it on live chat help, apparently Now are aware of the issue affecting Apple TV and are looking to resolve. 

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JonT 

Thankfully I’ve not been kicked out on my Apple TV box, so no issues with me. 

Take it the system is fully updated etc?

Have you done a delete and reinstall of the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JonT
Mentor

Hi Gav, yes, I updated it, didn’t work. Must be something about my set up. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JonT 

Do you have an iPhone/iPad. If so does it work as expected on there?

JonT
Mentor

Yes, works fine on everything else, iPhone, MacBook. Just this Apple TV.  

RoyB
Legend

@JonT 

I just tried signing out of Now on my Apple TV 4K, and signing in again, and it worked fine for me.

So I guess the issue isn’t universal. Or maybe I should have powered down and powered back up during the process, or some such specific action?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
JonT
Mentor

Thanks Roy, tried that before raising the issue, not worked for me. Factory reset, powered down, reset router etc. 

GregB
Advocate

Having the same issue @JonT. Looking forward to seeing what the solution might be.

schmurnan
Advocate

I’m in the same boat as well, recently signed up to NOW tv and it works on my iPhone and iPad but not my Apple TV 4K. No idea why. I get the emails saying “new device […] did you just sign in” but not actually getting signed in. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schmurnan 

Logging on the website is classed as a new device. Which will prompt the emails.