cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Windows 10 App not signing in

@AdamHearn 

See my post, which crossed with yours, and try the IP history delete.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
AdamHearn
Mentor

@RoyB 

Where would I find the[se] file[s] in my profile? TIA

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@AdamHearn 

Oops, my bad, they are actually under My settings : Personal

Apologies.

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Chase_Val

The NowTV app from Microsoft store is useless and nowtv (sky) ain't doing two issht about it.

this is how I fixed mine

Try to play whatever your pass allow

Follow the download prompt and install nowtv.exe NOT the Microsoft store version

Go back to chrome and try to play something again, it should then ask permission to open the player.....allow and bob your uncle you can now watch now TV on your Windows 10 PC

Kindregards

Chase_Val

0 Thanks
Highlighted
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chase_Val 

It isn’t useless, but yes, NowTV are not addressing the problems with it, because they want us all to use the browser/player combination you describe, and which works well for you.

But you cannot extrapolate from your single experience either that the Store app won’t work for anybody, nor that the browser helper app will work for everybody.

The fact is that whenever somebody has a problem with the one, I suggest they try the other, which often results in success.

The alternative would be picking their Windows installation apart with electronic tweezers, which is hard enough when you have the machine in front of you, and quite impossible for a Community back and forth.

You have your setup working now, and that’s great; but for every one of you, there is someone out there for whom making it work involves going the other way.

Obviously it would be best if both worked, and which one you used came down to choice rather than necessity (as is the case on my Windows 10 installations, in both 64-bit and 32-bit mode); but I have no idea why I am lucky and others aren’t, if indeed luck even comes into it.

0 Thanks