Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 App not signing in

Windows 10 x64 Build 1903

Now TV V1.19.0.2

Last worked on 10/10/19; no updates or changes but app now shows as signed out and signing in just gives the "something is wrong" error. I can login to the web with the same credentials and have no issues.

Anyone know if there's planned maintenance or something affecting the app?

25 REPLIES 25
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store is now deprecated by NowTV, and so won’t get any TLC.

I remain puzzled that it works for me but not for you, but this is Microsoft Windows, so.....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AdamHearn 

Thanks for the update.  Yes, it's sad that Sky with all it's resources can't get on top of this issue.

Thanks.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

What’s the version number of the app you have?

I would like to compare it with the version number of the later version.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB 

I'm having the issue with NowTV App 1.19.0.2  on Win10 64bit.

I have this issue on two machines with Win10  with 1.19.0.2.

My Win8.1 32bit machine is running NowTV App  and that is also 1.19.0.2  (I thought that was an older version of the app) but just checked the help page and it's also the same version.  But under Win8.1 it running absolutely fine.

Either the issue is related to Win10 or 64bit OS  - or both.

Thanks.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had a suspicion it was the same version of the same App 😀

I have a 64-bit Windows 10, and run a 32-bit Windows 10 on it under VMware Player. I’ve downloaded the Microsoft Store Now TV app under both, and it runs under both.

So it’s not a straight Windows 10 or 64-bit issue here - there is some more subtle difference between our setups that means I can run it and you can’t.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB 

Ah ok.  That's blown my theory out of the water.

As you say there is some subtle difference which is preventing me from running it under Win10.

I made sure my OS had all the latest patches and I'm on build 1903.

I even re-installed the latest version of SilverLight (not sure if the app still uses it) just in case any of that would make a difference  but unfortunately not.

I also had a check in the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\NOWTV.NOWTV_k6nsketb5gh92  directory where some of the data files are created when the app runs but couldn't find any readable logs file which might give a clue to what's going wrong.

I've hit a wall I'm afraid 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I was frustrated by the lack of progress and the usual culture of "it must be Windows' fault" so I took a look at the problem. In fact it *is* a Sky/NowTV issue and the problem seems to be concerned with preventing access to their services in ways they don't want you to.

A network trace showed that upon presentation of valid account credentials the response is a Sky iD Error 288

Here's one of many threads that show people experience this that suggests at least that IPs become "blocked" for unknown reasons:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Websites/Sky-iD-Error-288/td-p/2883306

For reference, my current service provider is BT (can't get any other provider).

I've passed the additional detail to the NowTV live chat team in the hope it may help but reading the above would seem to suggest that it's a fools errand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And I just tried reconnecting to get a new IP, I did... but it had no effect on the NowTV app.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

See my post, which crossed with yours, and try the IP history delete.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Where would I find the[se] file[s] in my profile? TIA