Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 App not signing in

Windows 10 x64 Build 1903

Now TV V1.19.0.2

Last worked on 10/10/19; no updates or changes but app now shows as signed out and signing in just gives the "something is wrong" error. I can login to the web with the same credentials and have no issues.

Anyone know if there's planned maintenance or something affecting the app?

25 REPLIES 25
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Oops, my bad, they are actually under My settings : Personal

Apologies.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Interesting. @schnapps often suggests to people that they should turn their router off for half an hour or so, advice for which the rationale is perhaps that they thereby gain a new IP address, thus defeating whatever Sky/NowTV thinks might be leading them to block that IP address.

I also noticed that NowTV was recording a whole slew of IP addresses under My Profile, which might mean that it can read these and check that even if you don’t have a deprecated IP address now, perhaps it can find one in that history, and persecute you accordingly.

But this history is deletable, so worth doing that.

Like you, @Anonymous User, I am with BT (can't get any other provider). And my IP address changes with each router reboot, which you might want to try one of, followed by said IP history delete, and see if this fixes it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi lm having same problem can't sign it to sky sports box office with right user/ password 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV app from Microsoft store is useless and nowtv (sky) ain't doing two issht about it.

this is how I fixed mine

Try to play whatever your pass allow

Follow the download prompt and install nowtv.exe NOT the Microsoft store version

Go back to chrome and try to play something again, it should then ask permission to open the player.....allow and bob your uncle you can now watch now TV on your Windows 10 PC

Kindregards

Chase_Val

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It isn’t useless, but yes, NowTV are not addressing the problems with it, because they want us all to use the browser/player combination you describe, and which works well for you.

But you cannot extrapolate from your single experience either that the Store app won’t work for anybody, nor that the browser helper app will work for everybody.

The fact is that whenever somebody has a problem with the one, I suggest they try the other, which often results in success.

The alternative would be picking their Windows installation apart with electronic tweezers, which is hard enough when you have the machine in front of you, and quite impossible for a Community back and forth.

You have your setup working now, and that’s great; but for every one of you, there is someone out there for whom making it work involves going the other way.

Obviously it would be best if both worked, and which one you used came down to choice rather than necessity (as is the case on my Windows 10 installations, in both 64-bit and 32-bit mode); but I have no idea why I am lucky and others aren’t, if indeed luck even comes into it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, that didn't work out at all well...

NowTV closed my ticket as I didn't respond to them. Each time they sent me a mail I got a different person saying how sorry they were, etc. After being told I should contact my ISP to get another IP, disconnect wi-fi and try again, etc. I just gave up. I had already told them I had done that [without them asking] and I just got fed up with the inability and over-politeness/completely meaningless sympathy.

As they closed the ticket I sent in a complaint asking them to refund the payment I'd made for a service [they couldn't provide] and to cancel my pass/account.

Good luck to anyone with the same issue - seems it's not likely to get fixed anytime soon.