cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karina12

Location issues

I'm trying to watch NOWTV on my computer. The website says I am in a different country, no matter what browser I use. I don't use a VPN, my IP is based in England, and my computer's location is UK - anyone have an idea why NOWTV thinks I'm elsewhere?

• PC
8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karina12 

Have you tried turning the power off on your Router for around 30 minutes which will then automatically acquire a new IP address (just in case NOW doesn't recognise the existing IP).

Out of curiosity who is your broadband provider where I know a few Community Fibre customers have been experiencing this.

Karina12

@schnappsThank you for replying! I am with Zen Media. I have a static IP as part of the contract - would that change if I was to switch the router off?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karina12 

Not familiar with Zen Media or have no experience with a Static IP where all the ISP's i have used have a Dynamic IP address on their Routers.

Can you manually change the IP address yourself to something different on the Router or speak to Zen Media about it ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karina12 

Forgot to ask have you tried the NOW App on your smart phone has a temporary test to see if the NOW system allows you to watch your TV Membership?

If it's the same message than it might be an IP issue on your Router (especially if NOW App on your phone works with mobile data if you have mobile internet data on your phone bypassing the Router IP address).

Karina12

@schnappsYeah, strangely, the Now app works fine on my phone on the wifi!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karina12 

If the phone works on the NOW App off your Router wi-fi.

Then I don't think it's an IP issue and something in your PC settings that might be possibly causing the error message.

Nitro
Scholar 3

@Karina12 do you have windows or mac? I would do a network refresh and renew, then try to playout.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Karina12 

Try using a different browser to the one you normally use.