cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_31
Advocate

Now cannot provide broadband at my address even though Sky can

Not sure anyone will be able to help or advise but here goes:

My 18 month Sky Superfast Broadband contract is coming to an end soon and have discovered that Now Broadband offer a 12 month (as opposed to 18 months) contract at a much better price than out-of-contract with Sky.

However, when I start the process to switch to Now I get a message saying something like 'sorry we are unable to provide broadband at your address'. This seems strange being that Sky/Now are closely connected and I've been with Sky BB for nearly 3 years.

I'm trying to avoid a longer term contract because the rural area where I live is due to be upgraded to FTTP by one of the alt-nets in the first half of 2024 and want to be able to switch without being trapped in a long contract with another provider.

Does anyone have any ideas why Now can't/won't provide the service at my address even though Sky can? When I go to broadband.co.uk Now is listed amongst available providers at my address, but becomes unavailable when I try to proceed with their offer. Strange. Thanks for any clues!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

@Paul_31 wrote:
I guess Now’s lookup system sees I currently have a digital voice landline but don’t offer the option to exclude one.

I think, as you are already on digital voice, that is definately the reason. We have had previous posts where people have been told it's not possible the swap back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

@Paul_31 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas why Now can't/won't provide the service at my address even though Sky can? 

I suspect it may be because Sky don't have their equipment in your exchange.

Sky can supply a service with digital voice, but Now can't as there is no phone connection on their router.

Just a guess.

Paul_31
Advocate

Thanks, certainly sounds plausible. I’d be happy to dispense with the landline if I changed provider, but I guess Now’s lookup system sees I currently have a digital voice landline but don’t offer the option to exclude one.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Paul_31 wrote:
I guess Now’s lookup system sees I currently have a digital voice landline but don’t offer the option to exclude one.

I think, as you are already on digital voice, that is definately the reason. We have had previous posts where people have been told it's not possible the swap back.