cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports passes not working

Bought 1wk sports pass from Argos on 8th May. Code wasn't accepted, contacted support via chat, had to submit proof of purchase etc and within 30mins or so a new pass was issued - all worked out OK.

Bought 2 x 1wk sports passes from Currys today - same problem, I was told passes were out-of-date. Similar procedure, took a little longer because the new code that was issued wasn't being accepted. Then the nonsense started...

Was asked to use different browser (why if other browser had worked for the past few years) but that didn't work either. Then chat got cut off and had to go thru process with another agent. This time I'm asked to use a 3rd browser! Clearly browser isn't the problem. I then used to NOWtv app on my smart Samsung TV to enter the code and still the code wouldn't be accepted. Every system telling me code was invalid but support telling me it was valid. But rather than simply cancel taht code and issue another, agent passing on to 2nd tier support who should get back to me within 48hr!

I'm returning both vouchers to Currys for refund. What is it with these out-of-date cards? If the cards do not have any date printed on them how can they be out-of-date? How does seller or buyer know the card is out-of-date?

I spent nearly 2hrs tonight on online chat. Why are support people not using their heads? Why am I being told to download Internet Explorer when I've been succesfully using NOWtv for several years? I tried entering code on my PC via FireFox tonight and Opera, via my mobile phone and via my TV application. Everyone of them errors with "invalid code". What possible reason then than someone should think downloading IE will solve the problem?

NOWtv brilliant when things work, but when the system fails online chat just adds to frustration. Can NOWtv not accept that the code they issue could itself be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes they activated cards. I watched them swipe both cards thru the reader.

One of the cards was refunded OK, but the other card, the one I had scratched was refused by the system (Currys wanted to refund it but the system wouldn't allow.) They said I had to contact NOWTV.

So here is the situation. I buy a card which, according to NOWtv support, had an out-of-date code. I've been supplied with a new code but the system is not accepting that new code. That means there is no passes activated on my account. Despite this, the system is refusing a refund because I have an active pass.

I know we're only talking £10 but I feel cheated. NOWtv have taken money from me yet have not supplied the goods I paid for. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you take the nowtv gift card vouchers back to Curry's ask them if they can confirm that they activated them at the checkout till before you originally left the store.

This may or may not be the reasons why the codes are not recognised.

More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/apply-voucher-gift-cards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes they activated cards. I watched them swipe both cards thru the reader.

One of the cards was refunded OK, but the other card, the one I had scratched was refused by the system (Currys wanted to refund it but the system wouldn't allow.) They said I had to contact NOWTV.

So here is the situation. I buy a card which, according to NOWtv support, had an out-of-date code. I've been supplied with a new code but the system is not accepting that new code. That means there is no passes activated on my account. Despite this, the system is refusing a refund because I have an active pass.

I know we're only talking £10 but I feel cheated. NOWtv have taken money from me yet have not supplied the goods I paid for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having spent £30 on vouchers, I'm being told they are invalid passes as out of date. They are new only just been purchased

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same happened to us when we bought 2 week passes from Curry's in June.