cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Billing

So I've never actually used NOW TV and I redeemed a McDonald's sticker around a month ago, and I'm curious to whether I can get a refund for the £11 that was automatically taken from my bank account due to the subscription even though I've never used this platform? Sincerely a poor student worried and trying to get by.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If anyone asks for your bank or card details, assume their intention is to use these to extract money from you 😈

The small print on your McDonalds offer will have explained that unless you cancel, your free month will be followed by a paid subscription. And I guess you missed that bit.

However, if you contact NowTV, and they agree you have not used the service since your free month, they will likely refund you. Best cancel first, though, and make sure you have cancelled.

You can read my boilerplate screed on how to contact NowTV, and how to really, really cancel, here.  The necessity for it shows that you are not alone.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.