The new nowtv box (when please)

I thought we was to have for the footie kickoff which is in a few days

Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User that is one of reasons I have Now. No dish. I rent and am in a ground floor maisonette. Landlord allows dishes but high risk of vandalism. Could get Virgin but to get decent channels costs a lot more. I refuse to pay for freeview which is effectively what happens when you have Sky or Virgin TV. At least with Now you are paying for TV you can't get for free.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I can't get freeview myself at the minute as my damn aerial snapped off during a storm. I really should get a new one but I never watched any of the channels expect for the soaps. But with the apps I can just on demand anything.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5
If you have a Hudl you can hook it up with your TV and watch freeview. Either that or use a Chromecast.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5
Ps my indoor aerial plus booster works better than the roof aerial anyways for freeview.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

My optimistic side wonders if Now TV will, at some point at least if not at launch, be available via Freeview Play devices.  I imagine these smart devices will feature paid-for apps such as Netflix etc.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Legend 5
Legend 5
I know Amazon have TV player which gives a lot of the freeview channels plus a couple of other free channels which you can't get on Sky or Virgin.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 Thank you! I'll do some browsing Smiley Very Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
BicBasher
Elite

Also a Now TV box connected via HDMI to a monitor with speakers (or a tv) will give you live BBC and ITV channels using the ITV Player and iPlayer apps if Freeview reception is poor.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher you can watch live TV via the IPlayer, ITV player and 4od apps. The 4od app hides its live TV. You have to go to catch up and then click on today and go to the current program.

BicBasher
Elite

@4268

I didn't realise that All4 as it's now known also offers live tv.  Is this for all free to air C4 channels such as More4, Film4 etc?

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.