I thought we was to have for the footie kickoff which is in a few days

Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268

But would you like the price increase that adding more channels would incur?Smiley Surprised

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

My personal best guess for the next major development for Now TV is apps for other Smart TVs.  That exclusive deal with LG must end at some point.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

My personal best guess for the next major development for Now TV is apps for other Smart TVs.  That exclusive deal with LG must end at some point.

Agreed... This is the way forward.

When I was at Panasonic HQ last Saturday there was some discussions regarding the up-coming Freeview Play app. And how it's been designed to support more services than just BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All4 and Demand 5.

From what I understand NOW TV is on the provisional list of new services Smiley Wink

Legend 5
Legend 5
I would not mind the price increase. I have now as being in a downstairs maisonette makes it a pain to have a sky dish and Virgin media prices are excessive.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

The arrival of the new box is a welcome step in the evolution of Now TV.  But if it is to continue to grow, it still needs to make more advances to close the gap with its rivals.

I wonder which of the following developments are likely to happen soonest?

- Apps on Smart TVs other than LG

- Full Entertainment Pass & live channels on Youview

- Additional channels

- 1080p HD

- Subtitles

Or some other major development I haven't thought of?

Hi all @DarylM

I can't disagree with any think you've said there Smiley Happy

What I would like to see in order of preference:

1. Full availability of now TV on youview (this also means having 720p catch up/on demand) Let's be honest, half supporting your device is ridiculous.The problem with this one is it isn't really now TVs fault. Whether this gets implemented would depend very much on youview themselves. I know many of you have seen my posts regarding youviews current limitations
  2. Subtitles
  3. Apps on more smart TVs
  4. Additional channels particularly watch and sci-fi in my opinion (this would likely cause a price rise, but it might not be as scary as some people think, probably not as scary as the last price rise anyway) The calibre of the content itself is more important to me than video quality. I think now TV wins hands down every time. In terms of the calibre of the content compared to other streaming services.
  5. 1080p catch up/on demand and 720p live TV channels (we need to remember that live TV channels are significantly more difficult to stream than on demand content)

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 just not sure about additional channels, it might put cost upSmiley Surprised.  Going with a separate kids pass would probably enable that without affecting cost, that's one thing I'd like to seeSmiley Very Happy

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6 just not sure about additional channels, it might put cost upSmiley Surprised.  Going with a separate kids pass would probably enable that without affecting cost, that's one thing I'd like to seeSmiley Very Happy

I'm with you there.  Now TV currently has all of the channels I most want at the right price.

If extra channels were added at additional cost, it'd be nice if they were optional. (e.g. a £9.99 'premium' package).

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The kids pass.. from NowTV sould be next (or the automatic baby sitter option pass..)

Removal of kids channels to seperate pass was done before on tv services..

Searched my memory I know Sky dish allowed this before....

This was based on the BSkyB Dish service...

in my research I found Prices for When BskyB allowed you to drop... Disney, Nic, cartoon network kids services and so on... Dropping ALL of the Kids dish chaanels saved you.....

£1 per month on your dish sub...

now bare in mind that cartoon network ( TNT services ) is not even on NowTV yet...  

£1.30p per month for a monthly kids pass... does sound right... with NowTVs No contract pricing...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm with you there.  Now TV currently has all of the channels I most want at the right price.

If extra channels were added at additional cost, it'd be nice if they were optional. (e.g. a £9.99 'premium' package).

Hi @DarylM @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I do agree with the idea of a separate kids. (As you know from some of my other posts) I'm just not sure if it will ever happen.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6  One (potential) way of offering new channels without raising the price would be to bring in 3 new channels - e.g. ScyFy, Watch & Alibi - and have two packages.

- Family Package - all of the current channels with the kids channels

- New Entertainment Package - the current channels, minus the kids channels, plus the new channels

It's a way of doing it, but Sky might be reluctant because it diminishes the simplicity of the Now TV offerings.

I don't see any potential for offering a cheaper package than currently without the kids channels.  There'd be little benefit for Sky.  £6.99 a month would be a good price just for Sky One, Living & Atlantic on their own (and they probably represent the bulk of the cost anyway).