cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnetteG

HELP need to connect stick to new wifi as got new box but it wont connect to new remote either as lo

Help lost now tv remote so ordered new one but in meant time got new WIfi Hub re Virgin so cant get into settings of NowTV to change it over to new wifi password and wont work on remote on phone as on different wifi connections as phone on new hub!  Can I change wifi through my laptop if I plug it in to laptop

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AnnetteG 

The replacement remote you purchased, was it a branded NOW Smart remote with the microphone button and volume buttons on the remote? 

Do you still have the old Router that was working previously on your NOW Stick or do you know the SSID Network Name and WIFI password on the old previous Router ?

RoyB
Legend

@AnnetteG 

One way round this is to go into the router via an Ethernet cable to your laptop, and then change the Virgin router SSID and password to be the same as on the previous router.

This will not only fix the issue with the remote less Stick, it will save you having the change the details on any other WiFi devices you have.

Just remember that if you ever have to reset the Virgin Hub, it will default back to its Virgin values, so be prepared to redo the SSID and password change if this happens.

Or just use this to tide you over until you get the replacement remote; but my BT Hub has been a ‘Netgear’ with an easier-to-remember password for nearly three years now, very happily.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

If you got a replacement remote for your Now stick, it probably need pairing with the stick.

Open the battery compartment and hold in the button there.