cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Wi fi connection error

Have suddenly got an issue with both a now box and now stick. Neither will connect to my Wi if despite saying they re connected they won’t do so. It just says that it has encountered a problem and I should try again. I have tried the live chat and they told me both my tvs are incompatible despite them working up till now. Not sure what to do next I have rest my WiFi  and the box with

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@49 

Try a factory reset to the box and stick.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@49 @gavs82008 

It used to be that Live Chat, while unreasonably difficult to find, was at least a safe pair of hands once you got to them.

Reading the nonsense they allegedly spouted above, I would no longer have such confidence, if this could be substantiated.

@49  do you have the transcript from your chat, from which you could copy these remarks and paste them here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

@49 on both devices - go to settings and reset all network connections. Should be able to reconnect easily.

Also NOW devices should be used on 2.4ghz network, so hopefully you have both broadcasted from your router.

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

@Nitro wrote:

Also NOW devices should be used on 2.4ghz network, so hopefully you have both broadcast from your router.

Where did you get that from?

It seems an awful shame to limit them in that way when every single one that is still supported is dual band:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-box-stick-technical-specification

😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

@RoyB look at the hardware inside, then compare it to the Roku retail equivalent. All your answers are there 🙂 

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

I’m not much given to prising Now devices apart. What should I expect to find?

Nitro
Scholar 3

@RoyB Lol that's the million dollar question. Why do you think I advise people to get an Apple TV unit? Pay cheap, pay twice 😛 

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

Ah, nothing substantiated then 😢

But you could pay cheap, pay 12 times, and still break even on Now Sticks versus an Apple TV.

Not that I don’t think the Apple TV is a lovely thing, and I wish I had one downstairs as well as upstairs; but we are not, as the saying goes, comparing apples with apples here, and the Roku Stick contemporary with the Now Stick actually cost ‘only’ double, and we know Now were heavily subsidising their Stick.

What I can do, though, when I have a few spare moments, is benchmark a few TTLs on my Now Stick versus a near-contemporary Roku. I have a Firestick that now feels pretty sludgy, but I don’t recall the Now stick as especially slow at all. 

Nitro
Scholar 3

@RoyB There is a massive difference in component parts between NOW Stick and Roku Stick.