cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User-Teah The power light will flash when you press a button on the remote

I believe that the power light will also flash when there isn't an active internet connection going to the box
ukbobboy
Legend

Well JT

And looking at my own white Now TV box, the only time the light does not flash is when the machine goes into "stand-by" mode at all other times, such as updating it's firmware, sending and/or receiving data and when the remote is used, the little green light will flash.

If, however, if the light is continually flashing while the box is not being used, say non-stop for several hours, then the box is likely to be faulty and should be returned/replaced.  But you should first check that you (or a family member) are not switching your TV to a terrestrial channel, e.g. BBC, while the box is still feeding Internet data to your TV via HDMI.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NOW TV box (black) stopped working suddenly a week ago. Thinking the internet was down I turned off the TV. Tried to go on NOW TV again today and I still cannot access any screens. Just have a black screen with a grey central shadow. Have tried the troubleshooting steps ( disconnecting power and wi-fi and switching back on, resetting the box, etc) but nothing has worked. When I press on the remote the white light flashes on the box. Can anyone help, please? Tricia56

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My NOW TV box (black) stopped working suddenly a week ago. Thinking the internet was down I turned off the TV. Tried to go on NOW TV again today and I still cannot access any screens. Just have a black screen with a grey central shadow. Have tried the troubleshooting steps ( disconnecting power and wi-fi and switching back on, resetting the box, etc) but nothing has worked. When I press on the remote the white light flashes on the box. Can anyone help, please? Tricia56

@Anonymous User

There is an intermittent bug in the software, NowTV are aware of it and are currently in the process to fix it.

I had the problem on my box, this is what i did has a temporary measure until NowTV sorts it out.

If you have already tried the rebooting of the box by switching the box off at the mains then back on again.

Then, also try a hard factory reset, by pressing a pin in the small reset hole for about 30 secs in the back of the box.

Also leave the box powered on all the time at the mains, do not unplug the box at the mains overnight (don't worry it only consumes a small amount of power).

See if that works in the short term.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See the thread directly below this one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now tv is not working it is flashing twice every 2-3 seconds and won't let me get into anything it's like it has frozen x

What have you tried so far to get back up and running?

You didn't say, so...

Have you tried "turning it off then back on again"?!

Here's what I would do first:

Disconnect the power (pull the plug outof the wall socket), wait say 30 seconds, then reconnect the power. Wait a minute or two for the box to boot up and connect to the internet.

Fixed? Or still stuffed?

(Or have you already tried the above?)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done that and pressed the reset button in it and still doesn't work xx
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @dr_necessitor

Hi Emmy

If your black box is faulty and it is still within the guarantee period then get it changed, anything else is just a waste of time.

However, if it is outside the guarantee and you cannot get it to work properly then, I'm afraid, you will probably have to buy a new one.

UK Bob