cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

box will  not boot up just flashing white power light

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Give it about 15 minutes just in case the box is trying a software update.

If nothing happens then perhaps try these things below.

Try a forced software update by pressing the Home key x 5 , then the FF key x 3, then the RW key x 2 on the remote controller.

If that doesn't work try rebooting your nowtv box by unplugging the power and then powering the box back on again.

If that doesn't work try a reboot on your router.

Last option with both the TV and box switched on do a factory hard reset on the box by pushing and holding a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box until the initial setup start screen appears on your TV.

If you undertake a factory reset you will have to re enter all your network and nowtv details again from scratch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering how you got on following the advice that @schnapps provided ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have exactly same issue. Seems funny its on the day of a service update? Both boxes in house just a constant white flashing light?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have same prob. Did all the "fixes" listed incl factory reset none have worked
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Quick question did you try the above suggestion today ?

If so NowTV are undertaking some planned schedule maintenance that are effecting NowTv & Roku boxes (see link thread below).

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Black-box-in-reboot-loop/m-p/391931#M5652

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I switched on my Now TV Box today and got a white flashing light on the front of the box, after the NOW TV logo appeared and a black screen.  I checked my internet, rebooted rooter,  tried different HDMI cables, tried 3 different TV's and finally hard resetted the box at the back. 

After this the box loads as normal until I see "Lets get started".  The remote is responsive as I key in wifi details and then suddenly the screen goes black and the remote is no longer responsive.

I have tried many resets now and I am making no progress, is there anything else I can do? (the box is Model:4200SK V001)

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Wlcome to the forum.

It's not a problem at your end, NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

phew, thanks Andy, will do

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 3 of my boxes not working stuck on a loop and the White lights are continuously flashing ! I understand there's a problem but does anyone know when it will be fixed ? Is there something we need to do to reset it ! Not gonna be happy if I miss Westworld lol