cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV HD Box

Can anyone tell me if I buy one of these boxes, can I watch the freeview channels via the Now TV app? 

Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV App only gives you access to the nowtv content from your nowtv passes and to watch the Freeview TV channels there is a now & next TV EPG  (no 7 day guide) where there is an option from the smart box home page screen.

You also need a TV licence if you watch any Freeview TV channels like any typical TV watching live broadcasts over the air.

Maybe watch a few Youtube videos about the nowtv smart box to see if it meets your requirements.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You would need the nowtv smart box (see photo below) should you wish to watch Freeview TV channels from the box.

Please be aware that to receive the Freeview channels you would need a connected TV aerial and the number of channels (including HD Freeview channels will depend on your post code area and quality of your aerial).

The nowtv smart box picks up the Freeview channels digitally over the air and not through the Internet.

There is no hard drive recorder on the smart box, just a 30min live pause feature, all other Apps including the NowTV App is via the Internet.

Curry's at the moment selling the nowtv smart box with a bundled nowtv voucher pass for £30.

Smart_box2.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps thanks for the reply.  Could I watch the free view channels through the Now TV app, or just the channels I have bought via a pass?  Thanks.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV App only gives you access to the nowtv content from your nowtv passes and to watch the Freeview TV channels there is a now & next TV EPG  (no 7 day guide) where there is an option from the smart box home page screen.

You also need a TV licence if you watch any Freeview TV channels like any typical TV watching live broadcasts over the air.

Maybe watch a few Youtube videos about the nowtv smart box to see if it meets your requirements.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for your detailed reply, it has helped me with what I wanted to know.

Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the nowtv smart box you can watch the Freeview TV channels without the need of any nowtv passes if you wish (The Freeview channels is not linked to your nowtv passes).

You just need a TV aerial with a good Freeview reception and the Internet to setup the box.

Would recommend watching a few YouTube videos which will give you a good idea how it works.