cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you get a replacement remote?

Can you get replacement remote for the now tv?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can get replacement nowtv remotes from the Sky Accessories website shop (see link below) or places like Amazon UK. 

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

If you have a smart mobile device then you can also download for free if you wish the Roku remote controller App from your device Apps Store. 

Any reason you need a replacement is it lost or if not working what are the symptoms are you using the white, black, smart box or nowtv stick? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just noticed that the NowTV remote for the standard black box is currently out of stock on the Sky website shop. 

FYI the nowtv smart box remote will also work with a standard nowtv black or white box. 

accyjan
Advocate
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there am after some info, does the nowtv smart remote (with yellow arrows/ok) work with the NowTV smart box with freeview (not 4K) having issues with the pairing process I found on the website, any help greatly appreciated 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not sure how much help this link will be.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting

Worst case you might need to perform a factory reset to the device itself.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have factory reset the NOW Freeview box or swapped out a different Router then you will need the original infra red remote.

The NOW smart remote will operate the NOW Freeview Smart box if none of the above has been done, but you won't have the voice button operation, or direct access to three quick access buttons (only Sky Store button works).

Neither will the TV standby or TV volume buttons on the NOW Smart voice remote (unless you have a NOW Stick or 4K NOW box to initially set up the voice smart remote with your television).

You just have the basic buttons (ie directional, stop, play, pause, ff, rw and enter buttons from memory when i tried it in the past on my NOW Freeview box).

Personally i won't bother with a Smart Voice Remote and get a replacement NOW infra red remote intended for the NOW Freeview box which are also cheaper if you can source one.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I also just remembered from my testing that to power up the NOW Freeview Smart box, you either need to use the original infra red remote, or a Wake On Lan (WOL) App on your smartphone / tablet or switch the power off and on with the box.

All these three above methods will bring the NOW Freeview box out of it's hibernation mode.

That's the other reason i wouldn't bother with the NOW Smart Voice Remote with the NOW Freeview box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, I’ll attempt the factory reset and post any results I find 👍🏼