cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles on any channel

I have just set up a Now box. I cannot get any subtitles on any BBC iPlayer program (but  can on ITV hub and All 4) and also no subtitles on any Sky program (Sky one / Sky Witness / Sky Atlantic...) or Gold, Fox - when they did have subtitles when viewed on Sky satellite system - these are all old programs with subtitles.

However if I view the same BBC iPlayer program on my TV Smart Hub I can get subtitles. 

Is this a problem with iPlayer on Now TV?

I contacted Now TV and was told to read and follow the instructions on caprions in setup (which I had done) and another suggestion was to complain to the BBC!

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately there is no subtitles available on any live NOW channel (subtitles are only available on Demand or Catchup).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles 

With regards to the BBC iPlayer App, have you pressed the OK button on the NOW remote when something is playing on iPlayer, then a bubble speech icon should appear on your television screen in the top left of the screen, then if you highlight and click OK on the bubble speech icon there should be an option to setup subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many tanks! It works. Rather confusing that some channels require you to
press the * button.
Are all the programs on Sky Witness / Atlantic etc lacking subtitles?
Regards
Graham
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad the BBC iPlayer subtitles are now working for you 👍.

With regards to all Live NOW Entertainment, Cinema and Sports channels, then unfortunately has it stands at the moment NOW don't have subtitles on them 😡.

At the moment the only way to watch with subtitles on any NOW content including Sky Witness & Sky Atlantic etc is to watch the TV shows on Demand or Catchup after the live programme has aired live.

Not all NOW on Demand / Catchup shows have subtitles, where you will need to look for the "S" icon symbol next to the TV programme information episode to see if subtitles are supported (if you read the previous NOW help article that i posted it will give you more information about subtitles).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Again, many thanks for your very helpful advice!
Regards
Graham