cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachsm
Mentor

Turning off autoplay

The past couple of weeks autoplay has appeared on my tablet and phone, however, strangely, not yet on my roku stick.

I have searched high and low but can’t seem to find anywhere to turn it off or if it can actually be turned off. 

I fell asleep with the tablet on and when I woke up in the morning I couldn’t find which episode I was on. 

Can autoplay be switched off? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Rachsm 

Alas not.

Maybe a switch for this will be along in a future release - certainly, we’ve asked for this - but don’t hold your breath.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Rachsm 

Alas not.

Maybe a switch for this will be along in a future release - certainly, we’ve asked for this - but don’t hold your breath.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Richtee
Advocate

I hope there will be an option to cancel autoplay, like you can on Netflix. Too many times someone falls asleep and misses an episode or two!

Rachsm
Mentor

I have found a the only way to stop it is to download the episode and it will play one at a time so if I decide to watch something in bed I’ll download the episode just incase I fall asleep. Very frustrating!

More annoying though is now I found it cuts off the ends of episodes on some shows, so unless you find the remote in record time your in the next ep 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rachsm 

That will only work for mobiles and tablets.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Rachsm
Mentor

I know, the tv in the bedroom doesn’t have now tv so I only use the tablet i there for now tv anyway. Just a work around for if you watch on phone or tablet, hopefully they will give the option to have it on or off sooner rather than later