Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Renada
Mentor

Roku app update

Hi all,

Roku 4k Premiere - LG Smart tv

Since the latest update of the Nowtv app on my Roku stick the "Now and Next" option is no longer there while you are actually watching something.  i.e. We could always press up/down and see what channel we were watching, what was on next and swap channels directly. 

Now you only get the option of turning on sub-titles then a long line with the word "live" at the end.

To change channels you have to back out to the beginning and start again using the menu at the top of the screen.

If that's not bad enough, when you first open the app and scroll down to the tv guide again the list has vanished and you only get the option to scroll to the right on each channel which only shows you what is currently playing.

This hasn't happened on the Fire stick.  

Has anyone got any ideas?  I could just watch on the Fire stick but that doesn't have the option to pause live tv for 30 minutes (which is the only reason I use the Roku)

Thanks for any advice 🙂

Regards,
Renada

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Renada 

Same question asked on these linked threads below.

Where I am one of those who is missing the live now and next pop up banner when watching live TV and wish NOW will consider introducing it back for NOW branded and Roku devices.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Layout-suddenly-changed-on-home-screen/m-p/602929#M9186 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Remote-changes/m-p/602902#M9183 

Renada
Mentor

Hi @schnapps  🙂

Thanks for replying.  It drives you round the bend when they do things like this especially as the Fire Stick update hasn't changed.  As I said the ONLY reason I use the Roku stick to watch is for the 30 minute pause which the Fire stick doesn't have.  Is there a reason for that?

I didn't see those threads so I'm off to read them now 🙂

Regards,
Renada 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Renada 

I have no idea why NOW branded and Roku players offer live pause TV and other platforms don't, where I am a customer like everybody else on here.

Maybe drop NOW an email asking the question about live pause and on the same email question their reasoning behind dropping the live now and next on screen pop up banner with their latest NOW App update 8.0.2.

I have already submitted my feedback to NOW Staff.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Renada 

There is also a thread in the link below talking about the new NOW App update on NOW branded and Roku devices if you want to add your voice to it.

Hopefully NOW will take on board customers feedback.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/New-Now-app-discussion-thread/m-p/602701#M21784 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Renada 

See some good news on this screen shot reply from the NOW Community Manager which was posted on another thread.

Hopefully the update will be pushed out within a reasonable time scale.

Screenshot_2023-06-06-11-54-00.png

Renada
Mentor

Hi @schnapps 

Oh that is good news - as long as it's not 2 years down the line lol.

Thanks for showing me that 🙂

Regards
Renada

tothbros
Scholar 2

good news about the direct channel changing return (eventually).

one thing i was wondering about, maybe somebody knows the answer. when the updated app first dropped, i had to sign in again, but initially, roku offered to register to NOW using my roku account. is this also a new thing that NOW allows in-app purchases? i have some services that are within my roku account, like F1 and MUBI, and i know that other services never allowed this, like netflix or amazon, where u had to register directly with them, rather than through roku.