cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rath
Advocate

Chromecast not working - "NOW is no longer available on your device"

Hi everyone, I'm a new NOW subscriber.

I downloaded the NOW tv app to my Google Pixel 3 and can watch shows on the phone itself. However, when I try to Chromecast it to my LG TV I get the error "We're sorry, NOW is no longer available on your device" on the TV screen.

I'm not sure why it says this or which device it's referring to - the phone, the Chromecast or the TV? Netflix, Prime, etc work fine and I tried to factory reset the Chromecast and re-installed the app.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Rath 

Sounds like you are using the first generation Chromecast which isn't supported anymore when using the NOW App.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-set-top-boxes-streaming-devices-can-i-use-to-watch 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Francine
Advocate

Hi @schnapps ,

that’s correct: I live in Italy and I’m trying to watch now with my Italian account.

In the last three weeks the app doesn’t work anymore and in the store I found that the device is no longer supported.. 

I’m not using a vpn… right now I’m not at home and I can’t  try to connect the chrome cast with the hotspot.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Francine 

Sorry about my earlier answer, I had no idea there was an Italian version of Now.

Questo è NOW | Guarda Film, Serie TV, Show e Sport in HD in streaming (nowtv.it)

You can't use a UK membership abroad, and that is what I was thinking of.

Can I watch NOW abroad? (nowtv.com)

RoyB
Legend

@Francine 

What are you casting to? If this is a preWebOS LG TV, then it’s the TV that’s not supported, not the Chromecast.

By the way, nice to see you here, but you might like to try 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjryN7Q3c-AAxUBy6QKHS_YB0...

where you can perhaps get some more Italy-focussed advice, if we can’t help you enough.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.