cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @caseyb1993

Firstly sorry for going off the Horror Subject in this thread, but because you both mentioned phones and operating systems, i thought it might be a good opportunity to post on here what i read in the BBC Technology News this morning.

Where Bill Gates has switched to an Android powered smart phone for his own personal use Smiley Surprised .

Doesn't inspire any confidence if you ask me about the Windows smart phone OS Smiley Embarassed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41399823

Never tried Windows OS on a phone, but i do like my Windows 10 Tablet much better than my old Android Tablet, where my preference for smart phones has always been Android OS (Must admit i love my Sony Xperia Android 7 smart phone a cracking piece of kit for the money).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Even more startling, it's coming to something when even Bill Gates can't afford an iPhone X!! 😄

Funnily enough an ex-work colleague of mine (tech related) switched from Android to Windows a couple of years back and absolutely raved about how much she loved the Windows phones ... but equally how disappointed that they we're seen as 'third-rate' in the marketplace. From what I've seen they did a good job but arrived far too late to the party. 

And to tie phones and horror back up together .. look at what you can buy in Japan! 

352618aaa6a81ce6b8eebac3a91156b9--gremlins-phone-cases.jpg

So cute! 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I would never consider forking out a £1,000 for any phone on any OS (crazy prices if you ask me) Smiley Mad

Rather put the money towards a new 55 inch OLED TV Smiley Very Happy  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Back on Horror Talk, i did try watching "Rosemary's Baby" on NowTV and to be honest i didn't manage to watch the movie all the way through (wasn't my cup of tea).

A shame really i was looking forward to achieving my 10 out of 10 badge from that Horror list you posted the other day (suppose i will have to settle for a 9 1/4 badge instead) Smiley Happy 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Schnapps

I think the problem with windows, as an OS, is that it continually grows size and wasted bulk caused by the old codes from previous versions that are just left in.

In other words, every new version of windows still carry the older, no longer used, codes within it, simply because it is more economical to leave in the old codes than to pay someone to take them out.  Simply because as CPU's become more powerful and memory prices get cheaper the trade-off that's made will always be in favour of the software company.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Can't disagree with you about the prices of phones. The way the mobile phone market is going, that OLED TV you mention will be the free promotional giveaway when you buy your next £4000 phone! 😉

As for Rosemary's Baby I'm not surprised you don't get on with it, it's definitely a different kind of horror film based around paranoia, I enjoyed it to see the growing suspicion, dread, and indecision between the husband and wife and the black comedy interactions amongst the apartment block residents. It does have a satisfying pay-off at the end but I can't criticise anyone for not getting on with it.

I'd still allow yourself the Top 10 Bingo, I've seen plenty of horror films in my time that I wish I hadn't bothered with! 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @schnapps

Hi Casey

Your colleague hated Spider-Man: Homecoming, sorry but I think your colleague is wrong and the box office ultimately will tell the story.

Hi Andy

I, like you, have a lot of catching up to do and so unlikely to catch Spider-Man: Homecoming at the cinema, it's gonna be the DVD release for me.

And yes, that big monkey film "War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)" looks very interesting but the reviews coming out of the US, from those who have seen special previews, are a tad disappointing. But it's still a film worth watching, maybe I'll see this one on the big screen.

As for Tom Holland's next Spider-Man film, yes I've heard that Hulk is likely to be the next superhero to co-star with him.

Unfortunately She-Hulk is another problem, she is a six foot plus sexy green monster, and as good as CGI currently is it still can't make a six foot plus female green monster look sexy.

So until then:

She-Hulk.jpg

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

You're right WfPoTA hasn't had great reviews but I'm a bloke who absolutely loves a good monkey movie so it's inevitable I'm going to love it. 

As for She-Hulk I can DEFINITELY imagine a six foot CGI green female hulk monster looking sexy, but then again I do have some funny dreams after I've had a few too many pints ....

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Thanks, I did have to resort to Wikipedia to try and get it straight in my head, but that site you've linked is more in-depth so I might read up the last couple of eps I've watched before hitting the finale. I'm just glad I didn't have subtitles as well otherwise I'd be completely lost! I like my Asian horror as you know so I'm used to watching films with subtitles but everything moves so fast and is so dialogue heavy in Death Note I don't think I could have coped with subtitles as well. This anime business is a lot more complicated than I thought, maybe you and @Anonymous User could set up an evening school to prepare me for any future anime adventures!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy I have pink socks too! But I wear one with my yellow sock so it's like rhubarb and custard (I always wear oddmatching socks. If that makes sense?)

You'll have to let me know when you're on it then! I never work that out, I just say goodbye to the weekend and hello to another series to be finished in one day haha

Nooooo but I remember seeing the trailer a little while ago, not sure if that was from one of you here or another one of my friends..but I'm definitely going to give it a watch! Maybe in the early hours of next morning!

Yeah I feel like anime refers to Japanese animation and animated series refers to the western style 😛