cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist and Continue Watching

I did post in the "Black Box" section regarding the way that the "My TV" section has changed but I thought that it would be better in here as others might be experiencing the same problems.

OK then, I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0"....It is in my "Watchlist" and also in "Continue Watching".  To keep up to date with where I am in the series, I realise that I have to watch each episode until the very end and then the next episode will be ready to go in the "Continue Watching" area.  This makes the "Watch the next episode now" pop up, that appears during the final credits, redundant and that feature was only started a few months ago.

Also in my watchlist I have the shows that I watch on a "weekly" basis.  For example, "Chicago Fire" is on Thursday night at 9.00pm and so sometime after 10.00pm it should pop up in "Continue Watching" to allow me to click on the latest episode. Last week, that happened...fine and dandy, you might think.  However, I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  I then go back to my "Watchlist"....Click on Chicago Fire and am taken back to Series 1, Episode 1 on the list.

Chicago Fire was on again last night and it should have gone into "Continue Watching", but no, nothing....It's as if I had never watched an episode, or had it in my "watchlist".  That's the thing, this isn't a one off, sometimes a programme I watch goes in to "Continue Watching", sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it disappears.

With the old "Watch History", I could scan down what I had watched, either boxset or catch up, click on what I wanted, one more click to get to the next episode and I was away.....I never missed an episode of anything.

Many programmes have just disappeared before and at other times programmes fail to go from "Watchlist" to "Continue Watching" as already described.....I loved the old "Watch History", it just WORKED!  However this new system has me scratching my head.

Thanks for your time.

73 REPLIES 73
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I've got used to the Continue Watching section now and use that as my go-to place for carrying on seasons.

Also noticed that they've tried to do something about movies clogging up the page, which I'm pleased about. They now disappear when you get to around 5 minutes left so that you don't need to sit through the credits or FF to the end, although this only appears to be for recently added movies. Older movies seem to disappear around the last one minute mark.

I did manage to lose one movie I was trying which disappeared from the list when it shouldn't have. I also managed to break the scrub bar at one point when it expanded right off the edge of my screen.

Would be nice if they could start identifying the exact moment the credits start for movies in future so that they will reliably disappear from the list when finished.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know what? I think that we might be getting somewhere as the latest updates seem to show that this problem is, slowly but surely, being addressed.

I would love to see the tweaks and improvements to "Watchlist" and "Continue Watching", put forward by @Andy and @DarylM actually implemented by Now TV but as Rome wasn't built in a day, then we'll have to wait and see.

Great ideas, Guys.....I still say that this problem must be affecting an awful lot of Now TV customers, who maybe do not even know about this site.  NowTV doesn't come with instructions (To be honest, as a bloke, I probably wouldn't read them anyway) and so should be kept as simple as possible.  Hopefully any future improvements will take us back to the more "User Friendly" situation.

Thanks again to @Andy and @DarylM

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One final thing @Andy

I forgot to say that after your helpful tip of using the "Search" function to find "The Night Of" again, it went back into "continue watching" and stayed there, working like a charm for the rest of the 8 episodes.

Thanks again for your help on that one (I marked the thread as "Solved") and if you (Or anybody else) has not watched it, then it really is worth eight hours of your life.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know what? I think that we might be getting somewhere

@Anonymous User agreed! Being able to access the episode list and not having movies clog up the list were both ideas mentioned on the forum, so it's great to know that they (might) have read the posts and tried to act on them. It's now one better than Netflix where movies clutter up the continue watching section there (unless you go into account settings and remove them manually which is a pain).

Good to hear that The Night Of behaved for you. I know you've had problems in the past but I wonder if moving forward new shows you start to watch will work reliably in Continue Watching for you now - maybe you can update us in a couple of weeks as it would be interesting to know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy

Good idea!  I'll give it a few weeks, as you say and report back.  I think that it will probably sort itself out, (or rather be sorted out by NowTV) failing that we'll learn how to live with it but it will be very interesting to see how this develops as improvements are being made.

It's been nice "Talking" to you and thanks again for all your help.

All the best!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happy Days!!

I was going to leave this for a couple of weeks, but for anybody that is having trouble with this feature, then I think there has been a real improvement since the last update.

If a Boxset is in "Continue watching" and you watch each episode until the end, then the next episode is waiting for you in an "Episode list" format....Go "Back" (Left Button) and you return to "Continue Watching", where the next episode is waiting as a single thumbnail......Nice!

If you have programmes in your "Watchlist" that you watch on a weekly basis, then they work in a slightly different way.  I have "Shades of Blue" in my watchlist and as this was aired on Wednesday at 21.00, I expected it to swap over to "Continue Watching" sometime after 22.00....It didn't....But it was there on Thursday (Hurrah!).

Eureka moment!!...I was actually "in" the Now TV app on wednesday, watching "The Killing", so new programme episodes only go into "Continue Watching" when you "Come out" of the app and then back "in".  To all extents and purposes, when you switch off for the night and back on the following day.

This has been proved by "Chicago Fire" and "Nashville", both in my "Watchlist", both aired last night....Not in "Continue Watching" last night but I've checked and they are both there upon "Switch on" this morning.

A huge improvement has been made by the Now TV team on this and many thanks to them as we now have a programme delivery system that works.  I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it actually is but it is much easier to use than it was.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Great to read things have improved for you @Anonymous User - give it a few more weeks and I reckon you'll be joining the Church of NOW as chief evangelist 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Bless you, my Son...Let every subject in the land allow Now TV into their lives and rejoice at it's wonders.....Is that the sort of thing that you're after, or have I gone too far this time?Smiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh I hear you @Anonymous User I hear you!

May I suggest you start up a new evangelical TV channel which could be added to the Entertainment Pass ... I would be in the front row clutching my NOW TV box and waving it in the air! 😉

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hold hard, Mon Ami, for problems are afoot!

I was almost ready for taking a 50/50 cut with @Andy of any mucky tenners that you might send in to be saved (....Let me hear you say, "Yeah!").

Bit of a problem....Remember I said that "Shades of Blue" and "Nashville" had gone into "Continue Watching"?...Well they have disappeared, without me actually...err...continue watching.(...Let me hear you say, "Oh how sad, never mind")

Not the done deal then but still a vast improvement....Now if we can just get things to stay put in "Continue Watching", I think that we are on a winner - and if @Andy and myself do receive any well used ten pound notes in a plain brown envelope, then by this time next year, we might have a fiver each.

It's good to give!!  Believe in me!!