cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv kids TV update for lg smart tv and ps3

I am still waiting for the new update for the kids tv as I have accepted the 4 months free trial which i will continue afterwards but there is no update on either of the se electronic equipment please help as my kids are continuously watching these channels before bed

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a LG Smart TV, I dont understand whats going on. I checked for an update and nothing has been released. I also have a now tv box. Now TV have removed the kids channels which my child watches. I have received  the email saying I should have the 4 months free. When I check my account it says the kids TV is cancelled what is going on. I checked both my LG TV and the NOW TV box and nether show the kids tv at all. Please can someone help me. When I go to the help section to contact now tv for live chat there is no link present anymore.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry I can't help with your LG TV, but on your NOW TV box the NOW TV app needs to update. It should do this automatically overnight if it hasn't already, but if you want to do it manually press the Home button on your remote to make sure you are on the homescreen, then go to Settings >System > System Update and see if an update is available. If not, leave it a while and try again later. You should notice the NOW TV app is now a yellow and pink logo.

When you open up the updated app you'll see the kids section under Movies, Entertainment and Sport on the menu bar on the left of the screen.

Your kids pass should work for 4 months, the reason it says cancelled is because NOW TV applied the offer for you automatically and cancelled it themselves to make sure it wouldn't automatically renew at the end of the 4 months (which is what usually happens when an offer is applied). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do anyone have an idea when NOW TV will launch the update for the LG tvs as the box is in my room and the LG TV is the main tv for the family.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Please see the following post by @Ryan-R hopefully your LG update should be soon

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/Kids-tv/m-p/381543#M15376

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My LG smart tv still not updated yet either or the Ps3 still waiting.

Kids a little Pi**ed off in my words as they cant watch any kids stuff.

I'm Paying for a service that you can not supply.....

NOT HAPPY

BicBasher
Elite

I have the Kids section on my LG TV NOW TV app.  It's a case of wait and see as they've been gradually adding the new section to all of the different device apps.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same problem. We have a lg smart tv and all the kids channels have been removed from the entertainment package but there is nowhere to watch them under the new free for 4 months trial.

In any case, how you are legally allowed to remove something we signed up to and pay for and then resell it as a separate and more expensive deal is beyond me! It's very bad customer service and very poor management.

I read in a different section on here that the reason was that NOW TV did it as a result of listening to their customers...which customers would ask you to rip them off!?! I think you've made a big mistake here.

You can add me to the long list of unhappy customers and I will, as your forum representatives suggest, look to review the terms and cancel my services. You're on a roll here (just in the wrong direction!)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem. We have a lg smart tv and all the kids channels have been removed from the entertainment package but there is nowhere to watch them under the new free for 4 months trial.

How odd... The new 'kids' area is showing up within the NOW TV app (v2.2.0) on my LG television. 
Has done for a few hours!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

You should now be able to see this on your LG TV.  You can verify that you have the 4 month over by logging into your account on the PC and checking "My Account".

The general feedback was that Entertainment customers wern't happy paying for Kids channels and those that wanted kids content wanted more variety. We're sorry to hear you're not happy with the kids pass and we will be taking all this feedback onboard.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team