cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist and Continue Watching

I did post in the "Black Box" section regarding the way that the "My TV" section has changed but I thought that it would be better in here as others might be experiencing the same problems.

OK then, I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0"....It is in my "Watchlist" and also in "Continue Watching".  To keep up to date with where I am in the series, I realise that I have to watch each episode until the very end and then the next episode will be ready to go in the "Continue Watching" area.  This makes the "Watch the next episode now" pop up, that appears during the final credits, redundant and that feature was only started a few months ago.

Also in my watchlist I have the shows that I watch on a "weekly" basis.  For example, "Chicago Fire" is on Thursday night at 9.00pm and so sometime after 10.00pm it should pop up in "Continue Watching" to allow me to click on the latest episode. Last week, that happened...fine and dandy, you might think.  However, I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  I then go back to my "Watchlist"....Click on Chicago Fire and am taken back to Series 1, Episode 1 on the list.

Chicago Fire was on again last night and it should have gone into "Continue Watching", but no, nothing....It's as if I had never watched an episode, or had it in my "watchlist".  That's the thing, this isn't a one off, sometimes a programme I watch goes in to "Continue Watching", sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it disappears.

With the old "Watch History", I could scan down what I had watched, either boxset or catch up, click on what I wanted, one more click to get to the next episode and I was away.....I never missed an episode of anything.

Many programmes have just disappeared before and at other times programmes fail to go from "Watchlist" to "Continue Watching" as already described.....I loved the old "Watch History", it just WORKED!  However this new system has me scratching my head.

Thanks for your time.

73 REPLIES 73
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User had you previously watched The Last Ship? Latest episode should have appeared if you had. Strange for it to appear then disappear.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268,

Yes, I had watched the previous episode of "The Last Ship" and it is also in "My Watchlist".  As this programme goes out live on a Sunday night it should go into "Continue Watching" after it airs.....Which it did.  However after one hour, the time it took to watch an episode of "The Killing" right to the end, it had disappeared.

That is my whole point, programmes disappear from "Continue Watching", without that episode being watched and sometimes programmes in "My Watchlist" do not even go into "Continue Watching" at all.

I have now resorted to pen and paper as this new set up is just not working.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Strange it is showing in mine too as is Zoo. Might try later watching Zoo and seeing if same thing happens on mine.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, I will get this passed on for you and try to get an update.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Andy-S and thank you as you are the first and only member of the Now TV team to respond.

If I could just ask a favour of you when you pass the messages on....Is there any chance that you could ask the Powers that be to take what Now TV CUSTOMERS actually want, rather than what the Boffins think is a great idea.  The reason for that is that quite a few contributors to this and other threads have come up with better ideas than those Boffins ever have.  The last few updates that they have come up with have taken a great, simple system such as we had a few months ago and "improved" it to the point where it doesn't work any more.

Thanks in advance for your efforts and help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you say that, but over the last few years one of the frequently asked feature was to show the next episode just like Netflix. Most of the changes have come on the back of user sugestions, not the "boffins". The problem is that those happy with the status quo don't go posting please don't change.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi artesea, good point and I stand corrected.  I didn't know about making Now TV more like Netflix, to be honest, I've never used Netflix and so cannot comment on how it compares.  However, I do stand by the fact that many contributors on this site come up with great ideas and I only have to go back a few posts in this thread to the great idea from @DarylM regarding a "Recently watched" section in "MyTV" which would give us back our "Watch History" and fix this whole issue at a stroke as "Continue Watching" could then be used just for boxsets.

Thanks for your input.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I've noticed NOW TV have now changed the behaviour of the Continue Watching section.

Clicking the latest episode listed in Continue Watching still starts playing straight away (there's also a play symbol appears in the middle of the selected episode window now) but if you back out of the episode it will return to the list of episodes so that you can select a different episode if required (a further click on back returns you to Continue Watching).

It will also default to this list if you let the episode run to the very end.

Hopefully you might find the change a little more useful to you.

Out of interest, are you finding the section working how it should do for you now, or are you still having trouble? Just wondering as there doesn't seem to be any mention of it from other users lately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy,

I have to admit that I saw the play symbol ( and for that matter, the white box around the selected thumbnail) last night whilst I was watching the last two episodes of "The Night Of".  It was one of those "Is it just me, or has it always been like that" moments, so thanks for clearing that up.

I have to say, that if it works as you say and that you can back out of an episode, to get the complete episode list, then that might be an improvement.....However I still think that the idea put forward by @DarylM of a "Recently Watched" section in "My TV" is a cracker!!

Alas, no, continue watching hasn't improved apart from that, it missed "The Last Ship" (again) on Sunday and "Ray Donovan" last night....Both are in my watchlist but failed to go into "continue watching" and other shows have disappeared.  Boxsets do seem to stay in, "The Killing" (Series 2) and "Angelby" have behaved themselves, so it must be something to do with programme delivery from Now TV and I've been able to get to the "Weekly episodes" via "Catch up"so all is not lost.

Thanks for thinking of me, Andy, it's much appreciated.

All the best!!

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

One thing I'd like is for clicking on a show in your watchlist to take you directly to your most recently watched episode (or the next episode if you'd finished watching the previous one).

The app on the smart box does do this - if you remain inside the app.  Watch an episode, browse around the app, then go back to the same show in the watchlist and it will select the most-recently watched episode.  But as soon as you exit the app and go back in, it forgets your place again and just selects S1E1.

I would like navigating via the watchlist to remember the user's place in a series, even after exiting the app.

(I know this is what 'continue watching' is supposed to do, but I prefer using the watchlist).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.