cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User trouble is there are differing opinions on a good channel. Syfy is a popular choice for example.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just finished watching Season 4 of Banshee which was slightly below par compared to the first three seasons, but still a superb show if you have never seen it before (beware this is an adult theme show with loads of sex & violence) Smiley Wink

Spoiler
I know the writers have said that this is the final season, but the finale leaves this show wide open for a possible return, if they ever decide to have a change of heart and revisit this fantastic series in the future (never say never). Smiley Happy 

Also, just started watching Billions which again i am finding a really enjoyable show (which surprised me) with a great cast and is highly recommend if anybody is looking for a new show to watch (just don't let the first scene of the first episode put you off) Smiley Wink 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I enjoyed the first episode of Idiotsitter - a fairly raucous female-led comedy.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I recommend Show Me A Hero to any fans of The Wire (as it's from the same writer).  Incredible true-life political story and a great performance from Oscar Isaac.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to recommend Soundbreaking on Sky Arts.  So far it's proving to be an interesting look at the history of music recording.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Bring me the finest wines available to humanity!  Withnail & I is available on Gold for the next 5 days!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to recommend @Anonymous User which I came across by accident while trawling through the Catch-up page for something I hadn't seen before.

Goes out on Comedy Central and I think it has only very recently come to British TV.  It caught my eye as it's presented by US Comedian Chris Hardwick and I was wondering what he does for a day job.......as you might well have seen him presenting the Aftershows to many US Dramas (like Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead).....a bit like a US Sue Perkins!!

It very loosely takes the premise of a Quiz Show, but is really a platform for comedians to have a go at stuff from the internet......ranging from the quirkly topics, to easy pickings such as Brexit and Trump.

Episodes only seem to last 19 or 20mins, so if you have a few minutes it might be worth a look.........it is certainly not for kids and does have a lot of swearing, but being American it is all 'bleeped' out........personally, one of those programmes however where constant use of the bleep machine is funnier than hearing the words.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think one thing Now TV really lacks are good documentaries, occasionally you do get a good one on Sky Atlantic or discovery.  I like crime docs like unusual suspects, medical detectives.  I know discovery do show some usually in the evening but it would be nice to have a load of on demand docs .

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Late Late Show with James Corden. I love J.C! He reminds me of my brother in a lot of ways! 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM isn't that the series that Paris Jackson got upset by due to who was due to portray her dad?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.