cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

271 Replies
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

Re: Recommend a TV show on Now TV

I recommend The Leftovers -a new HBO drama series from Damon Lindelof (writer of Lost).  It's set in a small American town 3 years after an unexplained "Rapture"-like event.  It's a slow-burn tale full of intrigue and is sure to divide opinion.

Best of all, each episode is being made available on Now TV a week before the next episode airs on Sky Atlantic.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

What did you think of The Leftovers @DarylM? I watched the first episode last night and am thinking it might take a few weeks to get into.

As for shows to recommend - I really enjoyed the first season of Boardwalk Empire, but not so much seasons two and three. As the fifth and final season is coming up soon, I watched through the fourth this week, and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Probably my favourite yet.

Tom

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Great thread, @DarylM 

I am loving Sky One's 50 Ways To Kill Your Mammy it's an hilarious travel show featuring Baz Ashmawy who takes his 71 year old reluctant mother around the world to experience new activities that might just finish her off ... sky diving, wrestling crocodiles, rallying across the desert, nothing is too extreme for Baz and his Mammy. This show is a great feel good watch, and a great replacement for all those missing Karl Pilkington's Idiot Abroad adventures. The rapport between Baz and his mother is such a genuine one that really adds something new to the mix, you can't help but fall in love with Nancy as if she was your own mammy! Highly recommended and genuinely belly-laugh-inducing! Well done Sky One.

Salfordian
Contributor 3

Ray Donovan, Banshee, Lost (if you haven't seen it), The Walking Dead..............And The Last Ship which starts tonight, think its tonight anyway

NOW TV Team Stephen-L
NOW TV Team

Hello!

Plenty of great recommendations so far Smiley Very Happy

I'd reccomend Adam Buxton's Bug on Sky Atlantic. 

It's an eight part comedy show featuring a collection of weird and wonderful music videos (and their equally weird YouTube comments) hosted by Dr.Buckles of Adam and Joe fame. 

It's properly funny and while there's only been one series, I'm hoping Sky Atlantic reliase that it's their best show and decide to make many more. 

Kindest Regards

Steve

NOW TV Team 

DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@Tom-R  I have been looking forward to The Leftovers for a long time because not many books really blow me away, but Tom Perrotta's novel impressed me very much.

I have heard reports that it's a 'grower' and starts to kick into gear at around episode 3 (focusing on our very own Christopher Ecclston, I think).

I enjoyed the first episode because I like slow-burn stuff if it's handled right.  But I can see that some might find it frustrating with (after Lost) lots of questions being raised but little in the way of answers.  I hope that people will stick arond for a few episodes.

I will be intrigued to see how it develops, and how far it deviates from the novel.  I get the feeling that the main thrust of the novel (about the Sheriff's family) would make a good first season.  I also notice that they've already added several new storylines.

0 Thanks
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@Salfordian  I plan to try The Last Ship on Sky 1 tonight at 8 and Tyrant on FOX at 9 (it's a new show from, I think, the creators of Homeland and kind-of in the same vein).

Salfordian
Contributor 3

I've watched season one already and can tell you it's good, it's no Lost or Walking Dead but definitely worth a watch 

0 Thanks
Salfordian
Contributor 3

@DarylM wrote:

I have heard reports that it's a 'grower' and starts to kick into gear at around episode 3 (focusing on our very own Christopher Ecclston, I think).

Yea he lives near me, used to be on the pubs darts team

0 Thanks