cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

This has been all over Twitter but didn't pay much attention as I thought that (for some reason) they only come back if killed by a white walker!! But that may mean I'm getting my TWD mixed up with my GoT!!

So he can get any dead person up and running no matter how long they have been dead? Game changer!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

So he can get any dead person up and running no matter how long they have been dead? Game changer!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

@Lindzi @Anonymous User 

Well it’s all a bit unclear but it seems it could be the case. We certainly know he doesn’t need to be physically in contact with the dead to raise them, as demonstrated chillingly at the Massacre of Hardhome, let’s enjoy one more time

https://youtu.be/Wn6HPuTJrgA

So presumably if he’s somewhere near he could just do his mumbo-jumbo and raise the dead. The white walkers can also raise the dead, so maybe it just needs one of those to sneak in past the ranks and enter the crypt to start the ball rolling. And of course if that happened you’d only need to kill the one white walker to save the residents, which might be an easier task for Samwell or the little girl to save the day!

As to whether the long-dead can be raised, I don’t think we know for sure but some of the wights are definitely long past their sell by date, for instance I don’t think this little chap has been fed in a long time ....

8CD40EEB-D633-4B8E-B08C-8C906DAC2F36.jpeg

I’m actually hoping the theory is right now, as it would make for shockingly good TV to see the residents fighting for their lives in the crypts while the ‘heroes’ fight on the battlefield. Does this mean it would be easy to get to Bran, by using the new wights from the crypt? And where is Arya in all this? It looked like she was heading for the battlefield, so how does she end up running for her life through the crypts?

And have you been reading the theories that Bran could in fact be the Night King, in some kind of weird three-eyed-raven timey-wimey ‘I can travel through time and space and put myself into anybody else’s shoes’ type way? I can’t get my head round it all, but at least unlike TWD we don’t have to wait another 5 seasons to find out!!! 

OMG it’s so exciting right???!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Er yeah!!! Sooo exciting!!! 

And scary!! 

Wow if they don't have to be fresh dead to bring them back Sam is going to regret giving that sword to jorah. Oops!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Glad to see that my theory might be partially right!!!!!!!

Got to admit, that all does sound to be very interesting indeed....... sending everyone down to the safety of the Crypt and we all forget what is down there!!!!  A Battle inside and outside sounds very entertaining.

I'm assuming the Knight Kings 'Mumbo-Jumbo' will work on an early form of wi-fi, so those thick Crypt walls will be an issue..... so someone sneaking inside to kick it off sounds likely???

Also, if Lyanna Stark is reanimated from the Crypt of Winterfell, surely Dany can get her proof???  If only a reanimated corpse could talk????

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Surely he can't raise long dead people!? There's got to be a time limit.... 

Mind you as has been mentioned before why keep mentioning that the crypt is the safest place over and over again. Obviously it's not 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Surely he can't raise long dead people!? There's got to be a time limit.... 

Mind you as has been mentioned before why keep mentioning that the crypt is the safest place over and over again. Obviously it's not 🙂

@Lindzi @Andy 

Maybe there is no limit of time for raising the long dead...... just the fact that long dead is basically a bag of bones, so probably no use!!!!! 

Although, loads of fighting skeletons coming back to life would be cool...... so much like that classic old movie where skeletons come out the ground to fight with swords and shields... was it Jason and the Argonauts or something of that ilk?????

Too be honest, haven't been so excited for an episode of television in a long while.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Oooo yes, Jason and the Argonauts with the superb special effects from legend Ray Harryhausen - now let’s compare just how similar those soldiers are to some of the resurrected wights 

5D828EDE-CFB1-4735-AE33-B0E7E4B9C2F4.gifA9DF2F77-5B14-415C-AB4A-4465757E6DB5.png

I think we can safely assume the Night King can resurrect old-dead as well as new-dead! 

Now here’s an interesting thought I had today - in the books (which I am still slogging my way through one chapter a month for the last five years) Catelyn Stark actually came back from the dead as a slightly-evil version of herself. Now admittedly it was Lord Beric and his fire voodoo that brought her back in the books, not the Night King, and also admittedly I’ve no idea what’s happened to her body in the TV show and whether it is anywhere near the Crypts .... BUT let’s think about that trailer with Arya running for her life in the crypts, scared witless .... and now let’s imagine she’s running from the resurrected somewhat rotted body of her mother, brought back to life by White Walkers!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY UP MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Lindzi 

Now here’s an interesting thought I had today - in the books (which I am still slogging my way through one chapter a month for the last five years) Catelyn Stark actually came back from the dead as a slightly-evil version of herself. Now admittedly it was Lord Beric and his fire voodoo that brought her back in the books, not the Night King, and also admittedly I’ve no idea what’s happened to her body in the TV show and whether it is anywhere near the Crypts .... BUT let’s think about that trailer with Arya running for her life in the crypts, scared witless .... and now let’s imagine she’s running from the resurrected somewhat rotted body of her mother, brought back to life by White Walkers!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY UP MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Andy @Lindzi 

We are certainly full of our theories, if we throw out enough surely one of us will be right!!!!

.....But Arya running from the reanimated corpse of her Mother is a right doozie, If she is down there???  and do the Crypts not also contain the headless body of her Father, maybe Arya is running from the Family Reunion from Hell?????

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

What about the theory that dany kills sansa for not bending the knee and that Tyrion survives kills Cersei and that the iron throne is melted down and a council/government is formed 

There surely hasn't ever been a tv show that gets everyone going like this one! Just utterly perfect 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
 and do the Crypts not also contain the headless body of her Father, maybe Arya is running from the Family Reunion from Hell?????

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Superb! Now Ned is headless they don’t need to pay extortionate appearance fees to Sean, and can make do with any old extra, leaving all the money for the CGI! 

If none of this Crypt stuff comes to pass I reckon the three of us should get together and produce our own fan-episode version of it, I reckon we can rustle up the 50 quid on Kickstarter to fund it, and I’m sure I can make a realistic looking Night King out of a lump of plasticine! I’m calling shotgun to play the part of not-Bran, it’s all in the eyes you know!