cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  @Anonymous User 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out @GameOfThrones’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/1113093735888379904?s=09

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Woohoo!!! Lots of symbolism there (and I don't know what any of it means!) but there's definitely snow and direwolves and that's enough to keep me happy!!! 

PS #TeamDanyFTW

PPS Hope Arya makes it to the end

PPS Hope Tyrion makes it to the end

PPPS Hope Cersei doesn't!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

Screenshot_20190402-204605_Twitter.jpg

@Andy 

Someone tweeted what everything was. Hope the screenshot attaches okay as I'm on my phone 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Excellent!! I've almost finished re-watching S7 again to get me back up to speed. DoG have also picked 8 essential episodes to rewatch, so I'll prob do those as well (especially as I'll only have to do 6!)

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/game-of-thrones/64330/game-of-thrones-8-essential-episodes-to-rewatc...

And after that, I'll just keep myself amused listening to the by-now world-famous GoT cat!! Meow!!!

https://youtu.be/vEg4SEch27w

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Ashamed to say I've watched the whole lot around 3 times now but I'm doing S7 again just to make sure I'm all up to speed 🙂

Good list of episodes there but I don't think my cold heart could take "hold the door" again though sooo sad! 

I'm excited for it to come back but I don't want it to end. See what the spin offs are all about....knowing my luck sky atlantic pass on them and AMC buy them! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Folks, your GoT fandom is going to put me to shame, think I might be the weak link on this thread!!!!!  I couldn't decide whether I was going to watch the last two Eps of season 7 or maybe just the last one, not the whole bleeding lot!!!!!!!!!

What I really need is a good brief summary of what happened in S7 of GoT...... a bit like what @Andy  did for our old friend Caseyb over on the What The Hell was That Curfew Show All About thread!!!!!!!

If you watched it, what did you make of that GoT Thronecast quiz thing that was on the other night????  I thought it was a bit mince to be honest!!!

Oh well, time to go and get caught up.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Mince? Smiley Very Happy I have never heard that before! In my defense, I understood what was going on and who was who on my second watch so it really helped me. First time around I couldn't grasp what was happening and who was plotting against who as I couldn't get their names to stick in my brain Smiley Happy

Watched the quiz and yes not great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

'Mince' might be a good Scottish way of saying something was rubbish!!!!!!!

I see there is another Thronecast thing on Monday night in preparation for the new season..... hopefully it's a bit better than the quiz?????

The more season 7 episodes I rewatch the better off I might be in my understanding??????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The more season 7 episodes I rewatch the better off I might be in my understanding??????

@Anonymous User I'd definitely recommend a rewatch if you can squeeze it in ... there's only 7 eps so it's definitely doable, if only for the immense pleasure to be gained from FINALLY seeing Littlefinger get his comeuppance - it's been a LOOOOONNNGGGG time coming! 

everything-is-working-as-intended-trust-me.jpg