cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steff81
Advocate

Error code VSF:4

Just got Entertainment on NOW, but when I tried to play something it said 'Oops something went wrong,' and in the bottom right hand corner 'Error code: VSF:4.' Anyone know what this means? Cheers.

15 REPLIES 15
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steff81 

What device are you using to watch on that you got the error?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV screen showing 'Sorry there was an error in the player'. Plus bottom right of screen VSF:playbackError

Can currently own play You Tube not loading any other Apps eg Prime, Sky Sports News etc etc etc

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you explain by “my TV screen”? Is this a smart TV with the native app or are you using a streaming stick such as Amazon fire?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Gav

I have a Now box linked to my TV. So I view Now thru my TV.  It allows me to watch certain Sky channels plus a number of apps like Netflix and Prime and YouTube.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried unplugging the NOW box and router for a few minutes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  1. I have had this problem for 5 days now spoken to live chat every day they have made me go back to factory settings but still not rectified. I have a smart box, a smart stick  plus a smart tv & it's the same on all of them. My daughter tried it on her phone without the Wi-Fi & it worked so called up my broadband provider as I was told to do by Now & nothing wrong with the network. Please can someone help. Many thanks Tracey
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Steff81 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Are you all with TalkTalk? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm with plusnet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have taken the box & stick back to factory settings was told to do this by Now but still not working tried a different box today still doing the same thing other than this I have no idea I'm with plusnet for my broadband does any know what to do. TIA