cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kholly
Advocate

VSF: 4 - BT TV device

Hey,

Getting the following error when attempting to watch certain tv shows.

Oops something went wrong,' and in the bottom right hand corner 'Error code: VSF:4

This is via the now tv app on my BT device ( i believe it might be a youview device).

So far I have completed a factory reset of the box, rebooted my modem multiple times and nearly taken a hammer to thing 😄

Any advice would be appreciated - I have been on the phone to BT who have sent me in this direction.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Kholly 

People who take Now via BT TV should be supported by BT. That’s one of the things you pay them for.

People who provide support on this Community aren’t paid to do that.

If BT are trying to palm off something that they are paid to do onto a free resource, that’s wrong on several levels.

Even if they were actually trying to send you to Live Chat, it’s still wrong; if BT don’t know the answer, then they need to approach Now themselves, and find out the answer for you.

Don't let yourself be fobbed off; insist on the BT support you are paying for.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kholly 

Are the certain Entertainment shows on Sky Witness such has FBI, New Amsterdam for example? 

Kholly
Advocate

Indeed it is, sky arts, witness and I'm sure a few that you've mentioned 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kholly 

Because you are a BT TV customer, BT TV will have to deal with it and liaise with NOW Technical Dept.

There has been various reports of playback problems on NOW TV Entertainment shows such has FBI, New Amsterdam, Gangs of London in the last few days, where NOW are aware of the problems.

I don't watch these particular shows so not sure if they are fixed or not.

I haven't seen many reports though of Sky Arts stuff either on the NOW forum or BT TV Community forum or over on NOW Twitter Help in the last week or so.