cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaeBee
Mentor

US Open match replays

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can see replays of US Open tennis matches on NOWTV? Being based in the UK, I won't be able to catch some of the live matches at night and was wondering if replays will be available. If so, how soon are these replays put up?

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @KaeBee 

It's a bit of an unknown at the moment, we should have more of an idea in the coming 24 hours.

Going on my previous experience watching NOW Sports on Demand using Football, F1 and Rugby Union which I tend to watch has examples.

Then Rugby Union takes around 12 hours with full replay coverage of the games, F1 can take around 24 hours again full repeat coverage, where Premier League Football takes around 24 hours, but you only get around 25 minutes of highlights.

Not sure about tennis, because it's new on the NOW on Demand service.

Hopefully we will all have a better idea in the next 24 hours on what NOW will be offering in terms of the US open tennis on catchup.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Jastobsus
Mentor

No replays on NOW.  I too do not have a Sky package and I have no intention of getting one.  I will be cancelling my subscription as soon as the US Open concludes.  

LucyS-
Mentor

No replays is the worst! They’ve even taken the Day One programmes off so can’t even watch the replays of the matches shown on there. Brilliant if you’re in the U.K. and matches go on through the night Now and Sky!! What a shambles

ZazaGabor

You can only live stream (if you can put up with the buffering). So you can't watch any replays.

staylor
Mentor

It’s the second day now, and I’ve just checked.  It looks like you can see the Djokovic match in full, plus 26 minutes only of everything else.  Which in the UK is pretty sub-standard if you are used to watching it on Prime, which for NOW responders, was pretty much perfect, with every match available to watch within half an hour of it finishing.  Also if you joined the match half way through, you could watch from the beginning.  I’m not sure if these options are available on Sky, my son has Sky so will wait to hear from him later in the day. As it looks like Sky are buying the rights to the tennis from next year, you would think they’d look to see what the current provider is giving, and try at least to match that or improve.  Doesn’t look like they have, or don’t care.  I’m assuming NOW is going to be less good than Sky.  Bad news for tennis fans, unless you can sit up all night and watch the tennis live, which not many of us can do.Over to NOW/Sky to make some improvements.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @staylor 

Just found a second match on catchup from round 1 under the Sports section, by going to channels to the bottom of the screen, then clicking on Sky Sports Arena.

No idea why NOW haven't added it into the main tennis section to watch.

Hopefully more round 1 matches will be added soon, I am guessing by end of today us customers will have a better idea of the amount of US Open 2023 matches will be offered by NOW.

Screenshot_20230829-130049_NOW.jpg

JandH
Mentor

I think for those of us watching through they're now app there is no sky sports arena listed under the channels so no option to watch any non -live matches. Like watching TV from the dark ages!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JandH 

If you are after the catchup game that I shown a screen shot in my above post, then on the NOW App Sports section right near the bottom you should see a grid row saying channels, depending on your device it might be labelled Sky Sports Tennis, or Sky Sports Arena.

I am a customer like everybody else on here and have no input about the NOW catchup service, merely pointing out there is a catchup game not showing in the main tennis catch up section where most people would look.

Screenshot_2023-08-29-16-25-07.png

pat100
Scholar

Yes. If I go to catchup I see Djokovic vs Muller and highlights but if I go to the Channels row above Bonus Streams row and scroll sideways to Arena and select that I additionally see Gauff vs Siegemund. That’s on an AppleTV box. Bonus Streams only seems to show once the day's live play has started which is possibly as that is when the courts' schedules are finalised. 

staylor
Mentor

Yes, I found this as well.  You have to search 😊

staylor
Mentor

I’m kind of hoping that they are wrestling with a new service and haven’t got it quite right yet 😬 I;m not holding my breath.  They need to listen to their customers.