cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustMe
Scholar

Surreal Estate Season 2 - Error trying to play on Apple TV 4K

Is anyone else getting an error trying to watch Surreal Estate - Season 2 using an Apple TV 4K - it's not Woking on either of my Apple TV 4K devices 2nd or 3rd generation. However, I can play directly on my LG TV 🤷🏼 - I just get the error " Sorry!  Unable to play requested content at the moment, please try again later."  - Season 1  plays fine on my Apple TV 4k, as does everything else..... Any ideas, or help would be appreciated. Many thanks 🤷🏼

23 REPLIES 23
Yevhen
Advocate

Having the same error, playing Surreal Estate Season 2 on apple TV; True Detective season 4 failing with the same error.

Works fine on my laptop

MykReeve
Advocate

Same error for me tonight trying to play True Detective S4E1. Tried logging out and into Now app on Apple TV, and restarting it. Neither worked.

Ended up using AirPlay from the Now app on my phone.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MykReeve 

Logging out won't do a damn thing I am afraid, you would need to delete and reinstall the app. 

Outside of that report it to staff. Outlined in my post dated ‎14-01-2024 9:12

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JustMe
Scholar

@gavs82008 @MykReeve there is no solution, I have tried everything you can possibly do yourself. Resetting my Router. Connecting to my phone's internet. Deleting the app, rebooting and reinstalling. Resetting my Apple TV to Factory settings etc. The problem is now effecting every newly uploaded programme on Apple TV 4K. You just can watch them. Old ones are fine. So are live channels. Please report it. I have. It is very frustrating. @Tony-D has also reported the initial problem. But alas it is getting worse..... I am having to watch Now on a very small LG Tv in my kitchen. Let's hope they find a solution soon.

MykReeve
Advocate

@gavs82008 So, I hoped that this issue would have been resolved before I tried watching True Detective S4E2. But no, still not working.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the Apple TV, and restarting my router. None of these work. I can watch (most) other NowTV content.

My best guess is that programmes labelled with “WATCH UNTIL *date*” are not working on the Apple TV Now app. I note that both Magnum PI S5 also has that label on it, and that also doesn’t work for me.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Yeah guys. I've raised this one off also. Seems to be a few programs having issues witth Apple TV only at the moment. Sorry about the delay in this. Should have it resolved relatively soon now that we know it's affecting Apple TV only.

JustMe
Scholar

Thanks @Tony-D much apprecated 👍 

@Tony-D 

any further update on this Apple tv issue please?

have had same problem with True Detective S4 E1 & Magnum S5 E12 this weekend - had to watch both via Roku stick but Apple tv is ny preferred platform because of Up Next

thanks!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Still waiting on word back from the Content team regarding Apple TV issues. True Detective should be up and running on Apple TV atm, however we are still working on the other shows that aren't playing out properly. Sorry about this Doc 

RoyB
Legend

@Tony-D 

Not here it isn’t 😢

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.