cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jul

Why is AFCON not showing?

I am trying to watch the Algeria vs Burkina Faso live AFCON match but when I click on the link, it rather shows a different program completely unrelated to AFCON. I have tried reporting using your complaints channel but to no avail. 

14 REPLIES 14
Ja

Same here. This is just not on! we took out this sports package specifically for AFCON. We should receive a full month's refund and 6 6-month free  subscription as an apology!

Jaf
Observer

Yes same for me. This is ridicolous. I have repeatadely checked to see if they have realised they are showing Sky Sports News instead of AFCON, (Algeria vs Burkina) and they haven't. I am not impressed with NOW TV, this is an appauling mistake for viewers who pay purely to watch AFCON. NOW TV this is amateur!

Tompo
Scholar 2

@Jul 

There is still a '3pm blackout' on Saturday's in the UK where live football is not televised between 2:45pm and 5:15pm, this applies to all games not just domestic (with a handful of exceptions). Sky/NOW do have the rights to AFCON but will not show any games live within this time window.

Later1955
Mentor

@Tompo

In which case, why show it as available on Sky Premier League?

Tompo
Scholar 2

@Later1955 

Agreed, Sky have dropped the ball there, although the TV guide appears to be correct.

Jaf
Observer

@TompoThat is just half an hour. They have not shown the whole game.

Tompo
Scholar 2

@Jaf 

It's two and a half hours, I guess Sky thought showing just the first half - minus any injury time - live then cutting it off wouldn't be worth it.

Later1955
Mentor

It would be a very good idea if they just communicated any issues with their paying subscribers.

Later1955
Mentor

I've just done a search, and it appears the 3pm live football ban, applies domestically only, unless someone in authority can tell me something different!