cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey3000
Advocate

Pre roll trailers — black screen!

I’m using a Sony smart TV and a fire stick.

whenever I watch anything on Now there’s a trailer first: no big deal except the audio is deafeningly loud compared to normal listening volume and the screen is black throughout so I can’t skip the trailer.

as soon as the actual content starts everything is fine.

I have tried reinstalling the app / clearing cache etc. what else can I try? It’s really annoying.

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

You cannot avoid the trailers nor, I suspect, the volume discrepancy. But the black screen is a bit odd, have you got any other devices you can test with? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mikey3000 

Have you tried doing a reboot to the TV by holding the standby button for a few seconds until you see the option to restart?

You could also try unplugging the router for a few minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mikey3000
Advocate

Thanks, yes I have tried that. This issue — admittedly minor — has survived multiple reboots and even a house move!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mikey3000 

This has been reported quite a few times on both the Community forum and over on NOW Twitter during the last month or so, with regards to a blank screen with only sound on the Amazon Fire Stick using the NOW App.

Over on NOW Twitter somebody reckoned that live chat resolved it for them, but didn't say how which is a bit annoying which could have pointed others in the right direction.

Other customers who have contacted live chat said that live chat wasn't aware of this problem on the Fire Stick and couldn't resolve the problem for them.

No problems for me when using my 4K Fire Stick with NOW using the additional Boost Membership, but what I can tell the problem seems to occur more for Fire Stick non Boost members.