cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pb1990
Advocate

Change subtitle font and background

I got a Samsung tv and installed the NOW TV app. I can't seem to find any settings where you can change the style. Most streaming services offer different font styles, sizes and the option to have a clear background rather than black which completely blocks the screen. 

Can anyone give advice on how to change it?

I'm getting frustrated with how difficult it is to customise them.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pb1990 

You have tagged this in the wrong section of the forum. As this is for the NOW branded devices. 

As far as I am aware you can't change it, perhaps on a tablet/phone. See this link about subtitles. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles
Within that link there is a get in touch with the accessibility team, worth bringing it up with them.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Pb1990 

Now don’t offer any way to customise subtitles. However, on some devices (e.g. Roku) there is a central subtitles option where you can customise, and Now will pick up and follow these settings.

Try looking at the subtitles options on whatever device you are running Now on, and if there are some, try changing them, and see if this is reflected in what Now displays.

I recall a long thread from the past about subtitles on, I think Android phones, where you could get more or less what you wanted, except that some combinations didn’t work, due, we thought, to a bug; but whether the bug was in Android, or it was a Now bug, we never determined.

I think it was this one:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Subtitle-size-on-Google-Pixel-6/m-p/603736

Worth a read, if only to find how convoluted it can all get.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

@Pb1990 doesn't the samsung smart tv have it's own caption settings page?