cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality for the Spurs - Chelsea game is terrible on NowTV Boost

Sky Sports Main Event looks awful this evening. Loads of artifacting and compression artifacts. Premier League is better but still not the same quality as it normal for NowTV Boost. I've tried live chat to get it escalated but the same terrible experience over there as usual. Oh well.

29 REPLIES 29
starman73
Elite

I am watching sky sports premier league and it looks fine.  I have paused so 30 minutes behind.  However will probably give up on rugby before 4.30pm, looks like England have won and it’s only half time.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Picture quality on Main Event with HD Boost is looking Ropey when watching Arsenal v Everton 😠.

Switched to Premier League which was far better in the first half, though now during the start of the second half on the Premier League channel the picture is definitely not 50fps and is missing information in the frame rate with a lot of juddering and motion blur 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same for me again, literally walked in the door, turned main event on.... unwatchable and premier League random judders in frame rate but no black dots around players like on main event

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought it was just me with this problem, thankfully it's not...it's like everything goes in slow motion from time to time...is that the same for you @schnapps ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Back to 50fps for me on Premier League channel and looking much better (don't know if it was me jumping out of the live stream and checking the other NowTV Sports channels then going back to the Premier League channel or a coincidence it is now started to play back at 50fps again ?).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it happens for me when a throw in is taken or ball goes back to the goalkeeper, everything goes juddery then seems fine 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  picture perfect so far on main event 🤞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah for me the Liverpool v West Ham game looked spot on with regards to PQ on Sky Sports Main Event 😀.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

The picture artefacts is pretty bad on Sky F1 channel at the moment.

Can any of your Engineers take a look at it to see if they can see the same artefacts on screen has me.

Tell them to keep looking at the tarmac and grass for picture abnormalities and they are using a HD Boost pass when checking.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Getting the grass simmering artefacts effect noted on this thread once again where the grass looks alive whilst watching Australia v South Africa on both Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena 😠😠.

It's not the camouflage effect or hazy mist or fog that i have also noticed on other Sky Sports streams recently.

Usually the Rugby Union games on early in the mornings are normally much cleaner in terms of picture quality compared to Football during the afternoon or evenings.