cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Difficulty getting on to NOW

I wonder if anyone can help please? Forr the past week every time I try to get on to now a circle goes round then it finally loads up. Then I click on to game of thrones and sometimes, very rarely it boots up and other times it gives a message "it didn't go to plan". It is only now that does this, all other channels are fine. We have fast broadband and changed batteries on the device. We don't have a now device, just a Roku one. Thanks in advance 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's an on going issue on various content and playback devices with customers who don't seem to have NOW Boost.

There is quite a few threads already created on the Community Forum.

When I checked NOW Twitter this morning the problem still persists for customers who don't have Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for letting me know. Is sky boost expensive and isn't that a bit
cheeky? I've paid every month for years and now you have to get something
extra
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Boost was primarily introduced for 1080p and 5.1 surround sound as well as 3 streams.

Over time they added adverts into the service and boost was then used to remove these adverts too.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody over on Twitter who was trying to watch Game of Thrones who was seeing the Didn't go to Plan message found this workaround if you don't want to try Boost.

youdoodle-2022-06-26T20-41-59Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try the temporary workaround in the screen shot above ?

I have just been over on NOW Twitter and it looks like NOW are still in the process of fixing the various streaming errors.

If you haven't used your 7 day free Boost trial you could see if this overcomes the current errors (though somebody posted this morning that their Boost trial didn't work with regards to getting rid of the errors they are encountering).

If you do start the Boost trial, make sure after starting it you sign out and back in on your NOW App main playback device and also go online and fully cancel the Boost trial to prevent it auto renewing after the 7 days are up.

Make sure you don't leave the cancelling of the Boost trial in the last 48 hours (where i would cancel it straight away on day one or two, where you will still get the full 7 days of the trail).

I can't guarantee if the Boost trial will overcome your error issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this. I couldn't see the screenshot
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah you will only see the screen shot photo when viewing directly on the Community Forum.

I will be interested to know if the temporary workaround helps (so far two people had success with this method that you can use in the short term).