cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSte
Advocate

Freezing when the ads starts

I am watching a show and when the ads start, a circles comes up and then the program turn off or the app closes. It has been happening all day and been happening on and off days now. What is going on!!!

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TheSte 

It’s a known fault and NOW techie folk are looking into fixing it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TheSte
Advocate

Good to know. Shame they didn't turn off the ads when they are trying to fix it because now I can't watch anything.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TheSte 

The best way to avoid it is to take out boost. As this removed third party adverts, but also gives you 1080p along with 5.1 sound and 3 streams at once.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

As I’m paying £2 for boost I’ve yet to encounter this error message.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TheSte
Advocate

haha Yeah I want to give them less money not more!

RoyB
Legend

@TheSte 

It’s poetic justice that Now having introduced ads, the service has gone titsup on them.

Unfortunately though, it has also gone titsup on those whom the adverts are aimed at.

If you want to save some money, though, start the process of cancelling each membership you have. This will likely produce an automated retention offer, at a lower price, which you can accept and then proceed no further with the cancellation.

It might even save you enough to buy Boost, which you can likewise look for a retention offer on, even during your 7 day’s free trial.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TheSte
Advocate

Yeah, I already do the cancel thing to get the better price, and I remember the days when it was only £3 for entertainment. Nowtv seem to do it automatically, and I get an email saying here is 5.99 you don't need to do anything. Just don't want to pay for boosts and the ads don't bother me (don't even think about them now). 

What does bother me is that it should just work without needing boost, and if they are having problems with ads then they should turn off ads while they are sorting it. I shouldn't need to pay for their error. 

Even if the support said "hey here is free boost for an x day while we sort it out" but nope. 

Still not working today but a new Error message so that is nice. 

RoyB
Legend

@TheSte 

Ive suggested both things; but if Now listened to me, then I wouldn’t have had to be turning subtitles on every single time I have started Now for the last four years 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.