cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gavmundo
Mentor

Can't access Sky Sports Mobile channels

I recently agreed to a deal to get 12 months of Sports Mobile content. I realise it only gives you access to 5 channels but one of them is Sky Sports Premier League which is why I went for the deal. I received and email to confirm that I have access and to download the app on my mobile device. I've done all that but when I click on a live game on the Premier League channel I get an error message to say I don't have a Sports pass.

I have checked on the website under my subscribed channels and although I don't have the Sports subscription it does say I have a prepaid offer until 2024.

I contacted live chat earlier and the support person assumed I was trying to click a channel I wasn't subscribed to but I know what the Premier League channel looks like and I was. He then sent a link to the channel content but it doesn't show live games in there. He then suggested going to the website on a PC and trying that. I ended the chat there and tried that but when I click the Premier League game there it pops up with a box to active your membership.  As I say I have checked my membership and it does say I have the prepaid offer but when I click a live game on the Premier League channel it doesn't think that I have an active membership.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gavmundo 

What Mobile phone are you using, would it be a foldable phone? 

If it's a standard smartphone (not foldable phone) then I am assuming you tried Sky Sports Premier League and not Sky Sports Main Event.

Does Sky Action or Sky Arena work or is it the same when using your smartphone ? 

Sometimes this message pops up on foldable phones, where a workaround for some was to start watching with the phone screen folded, then once the stream starts unfold the screen.

Another thing that flags up this message is using a VPN or trying to watch outside the UK (assuming you are a UK NOW customer).

The Mobile Sports Membership offer is also self cancelling on the date it expires and hence no cancel button under My Membership on your online account.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gavmundo 

What Mobile phone are you using, would it be a foldable phone? 

If it's a standard smartphone (not foldable phone) then I am assuming you tried Sky Sports Premier League and not Sky Sports Main Event.

Does Sky Action or Sky Arena work or is it the same when using your smartphone ? 

Sometimes this message pops up on foldable phones, where a workaround for some was to start watching with the phone screen folded, then once the stream starts unfold the screen.

Another thing that flags up this message is using a VPN or trying to watch outside the UK (assuming you are a UK NOW customer).

The Mobile Sports Membership offer is also self cancelling on the date it expires and hence no cancel button under My Membership on your online account.

Gavmundo
Mentor
Thanks for that. I do have a Samsung Fold and just tried with the screen closed and it works but nit when it's open so must be that. I was watching the correct channel and not Msin Event.

One other question then. Is an ipad classed as a mobile device? Support suggested it was but I tried on my ipad earlier and had the same problem but it least I know what it is on my phone now. Thanks for your help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gavmundo 

With a Mobile Sports Membership you can only watch on a smartphone screen.

Have a read of this link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gavmundo 

I don't know if the workaround for a fold type phone when watching a NOW Mobile Sports Membership in this link thread below helps or not.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Sky-sports-mobile-pass-on-Samsung-Fold-4/m-p/600165 

Gavmundo
Mentor

Thanks. I'll give it a try.