cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew290
Advocate

Another subscription service with adverts?

I thought NOW were better than all the other subscription media services because they didn't have adverts at all. I've just had an advert in the middle of watching something though, is this a new thing they've just introduced? I haven't had any emails from them about the introduction of adverts, but I could have missed it.

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Andrew290 

Now have always had adverts, so I have no idea how you have missed them in the past.

Maybe you have Boost, which when watching On Demand skips ads in the middle (though nothing skips Now promos before programmes start), but, unusually, you watched a live programme?

Even Boost cannot skip the ads there have always been in live programmes 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB @Andrew290 

Fantastic another thread to moan about adverts....😜

@Simon-J me thinks it is time to update the help page about adverts and boost. Been much longer than a few months now haha.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

What do you think needs changing there?

Now Help is dripping with good advice. But like the explanation of what this Community is for, and how it can and cannot help, how do you get people to actually read it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Neilfi
Mentor

@Andrew290  Just another way to stiff you for a few quid to buy boost, which has doubled in price since I joined.  I do remember there no ads DURING on-demand entertainment shows.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Neilfi 

Much like I remember no ads on Netflix, Prime and Disney. All come at a higher cost to get rid of them. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help